Thread: Pantera cam under rotated? Or is it just a CCS issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pantera cam under rotated? Or is it just a CCS issue?

I'm not a newbie here, just haven't logged in for a while. I'm usually on Archery Talk. Tried to log in but my old user name and password had been wiped out I guess so I had to re-register.

Anyway, I just received a 2010 Pantera as a warranty replacement for my 2009 Bengal. The Pantera has the CCS which I'm not familiar with. The cable has been increased to 34.5 to compensate for it but I noticed that there's 1.5" of the groove open on the end of the cam where the string comes off.

That looks WAY under rotated to me but maybe that's how it's supposed to be with the CCS? Haven't shot it yet, just wanted to to a little checking before I set it up.

Also, the pack list that came with it said the Pantera had been "clocked". What does that mean? They chrono'd it?

Any issues I need to know about the CCS before I get started?

Post Thanks / Like

with the ccs there is an issue with cam lean and ideler wheel lean and can be corected(for the most part)by adding twists to the yoke or taking them out.check the ata and brace hight make sure all is up to spece and go from ther.but befor getting into it too much,if you can post pics of your bow and the spots that you have questions about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    with the ccs there is an issue with cam lean and ideler wheel lean and can be corected(for the most part)by adding twists to the yoke or taking them out.check the ata and brace hight make sure all is up to spece and go from ther.but befor getting into it too much,if you can post pics of your bow and the spots that you have questions about.
    I had idler lean problems with the Bengal but got it out with a lot of yoke twisting. It didn't have the CCS and still had the leaning problem. Here's a pic of the cam showing how much open space there is. I think the Bengal only had about 5/8" open. This measures 1.5". ATA is 32 3/8 and brace is 7. Both are spec or close, as far as I know.

With that "clocked" thing I mentioned, I wondered if that means they checked everything and the cam opening is to spec also?? Looks awful big to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hunt123; 04-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    I had idler lean problems with the Bengal but got it out with a lot of yoke twisting. It didn't have the CCS and still had the leaning problem. Here's a pic of the cam showing how much open space there is. I think the Bengal only had about 5/8" open. This measures 1.5". ATA is 32 3/8 and brace is 7. Both are spec or close, as far as I know.

With that "clocked" thing I mentioned, I wondered if that means they checked everything and the cam opening is to spec also?? Looks awful big to me.
    I'm guessing that "clocked" was supposed to mean "cloaked" which means the cams and ccs are camo instead of black.

Check your string and cable lengths to ensure that they are correct to Martins specs, the cam rotation looks pretty close to the ones I've sold and built strings for. The Acu-Trak cam is used on all of Martins single cam models, they alter the rotation for each model to get the DL range they want or need for each model. There is very little difference in performance from the different rotations.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    I'm guessing that "clocked" was supposed to mean "cloaked" which means the cams and ccs are camo instead of black.

Check your string and cable lengths to ensure that they are correct to Martins specs, the cam rotation looks pretty close to the ones I've sold and built strings for. The Acu-Trak cam is used on all of Martins single cam models, they alter the rotation for each model to get the DL range they want or need for each model. There is very little difference in performance from the different rotations.
    That's helpful. Good catch on the "clocked" thing. They must have just misspelled it because it is cloaked. Without taking the string & cable off, I'm guessing they're correct. The sticker says: 90" on the string and 34.5" on the cable. ATA & brace are in spec which probably means string & cable are right.

The 09 Bengal cam was the M2-Pro which is different than the Accu Trak so that must be the difference. Guess it's OK then.

Have you had to do any special tweaks to get your Panteras to hit IBO or have you tried?
    Last edited by hunt123; 04-12-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    That's helpful. Good catch on the "clocked" thing. They must have just misspelled it because it is cloaked. Without taking the string & cable off, I'm guessing they're correct. The sticker says: 90" on the string and 34.5" on the cable. ATA & brace are in spec which probably means string & cable are right.

The 09 Bengal cam was the M2-Pro which is different than the Accu Trak so that must be the difference. Guess it's OK then.

Have you had to do any special tweaks to get your Panteras to hit IBO or have you tried?
    Never chrono'd a Pantera so I can't say if they are close or not. The Pantera IMO was the best shooting single cam Martin had in 2010 though, very smooth, quiet and almost zero vibration out of the box.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Never chrono'd a Pantera so I can't say if they are close or not. The Pantera IMO was the best shooting single cam Martin had in 2010 though, very smooth, quiet and almost zero vibration out of the box.
    Great. Glad to hear it. Looking forward to setting it up and shooting.