Thread: Screws for draw mods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Screws for draw mods

Is it me or are they a junk screw or in too tight.Man I stripped the hole for screw and was cursing like a sailor.Managed to get it loose and adjusted.2 out of the 4 were buggers.Maybe it was just me ,but I am sure glad to get them out.Guess I will order 2 more screws just in case.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is you. You should of had your wife do it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I think it is you. You should of had your wife do it.

Hutch
    She was busy
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Take one with you to your local hardware store and see if you can't get them in stainless steel. The next time you have them out, coat the threads and underside of the head with string wax.

Advantage Custom Strings

SonnyThomas

Default Screws for draw mods

Don't know what it is, but once I get the mod screws out I replace them with what I have on hand from Pearson and Reflex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Take one with you to your local hardware store and see if you can't get them in stainless steel. The next time you have them out, coat the threads and underside of the head with string wax.
    that's what I did with mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info,going to pick up some ss if I can.Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that stainless steel screws are needed as long as you use anti-seize or string wax on the threads and head face. That should stop any galling.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I too have replaced almost all the black steel screws on my bow, cam mods included, with stainless screws. Not so they would hopefully not get stuck (i.e., gall up in the hole, which they haven't) but so there would be much less chance of their rusting. I did have one of the original mod screws give me fits one time taking it out to adjust it but even since I've applied string wax to all screw threads they've stayed tight with the added benefit they will come out without galling or stripping the threads. And if you're concerned about the reflectiveness of these bright screws you can always dab a little flat paint on them. It acts kind of like a thread locker and thread lube at the same time.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)