Thread: Peep rotation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peep rotation

I understand from this forum that the one of the reasons for peep rotation is due to poor quality strings, but does changing the draw weight a few lbs either way affect it as well. Also, I currently have the original factory string on my '07 Bengal, any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Arrow View Post
    I understand from this forum that the one of the reasons for peep rotation is due to poor quality strings, but does changing the draw weight a few lbs either way affect it as well. Also, I currently have the original factory string on my '07 Bengal, any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement.
    hutch and archerx make custom strings,might want to send them a pm.and your string and cable have probly streched seeing as it is 4 years old.you should replace.i put winnerschoice on my bengal but i paid 110.try searching past threads on this forum for string ideas.and also people will be chiming in for other string options.you really should just replace it.also how much do you shoot your bow or how many shots do you think you have takin with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Broken Arrow.
    Changing the draw weight will affect your peep because the tension on the string changes. You should definitely replace your string and cables, whether you've shot the bow much or not, because the factory strings (as you've probably read already) weren't too good in 2007.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 04-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Broken Arrow, you are correct, Draw weight change, Draw length change, peep change, serving changes, and string deterioration will cause peep rotation.

I am one of the custom string builders here the another is archerx7. I'd pm archerx7 I am sure he can help you out. From what I have seen he is a excellent string builder.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I am one of the custom string builders here the another is archerx7. I'd pm archerx7 I am sure he can help you out. From what I have seen he is a excellent string builder.

Hutch
    Broken Arrow

I don't think Hutch is blowing you off. I believe Hutch is still getting things up and running at this point. He built a new sting jig and is accumulating material and might not be quite ready to take orders at this time.

Mark
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Broken Arrow

I don't think Hutch is blowing you off. I believe Hutch is still getting things up and running at this point. He built a new sting jig and is accumulating material and might not be quite ready to take orders at this time.

Mark
    That is correct. We won't be ready until after our two week trip.

Brad Hutchinson
    Hutch~n~Son Archery LLC
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com