Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alotta newbies

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default alotta newbies

I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.
    We do like pictures here, but, we also realize some of the newbies may not be new to archery but just new to this forum. We also appreciate words of wisdom if you wish to share. Welcome to all the new members. This is a great place to find lots of good information.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

It's engourging to see all these new forum users, shows that this forum is open to new users, and seems like they know that they know that their techinal questions will be dealt with and not just be told that they have to shoot whatever new hotness is in current favor.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 02-25-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

sure is encouraging. I sent a couple PM's to guys on AT that were asking questions and getting the typical AT runaround BS. I want to help promote Martin,and try to help others with their issues,whether it be Martin or anything else. We're all in it together.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

thats why i come here at is cool if you sift throught the bs... i bought my first martin product last year a alien z love the draw cycle of these hybrix cams so much i bought a silencer if it ever gets here.. last year i had a sr71, d350 and settled with my z.

Post Thanks / Like

sweet! Another covert. Lol. We don't care what you shoot as long as your shooting. Glad to hear your liking your Martins though. Wheres your pics,hmmmm?

Post Thanks / Like

well heres some pics, new 10 1/2 doinker on its way! Its a bit loud and was rattling mod screws loose any input on the cams? I need to start a diiferent thread. anyways how can i check timing by myself without a draw board?
    never mind i cant upload photos for some reason i will try to get some pics of my cams on here too

Post Thanks / Like

This is the most activity that I have observed on this site. Which is good.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    sure is encouraging. I sent a couple PM's to guys on AT that were asking questions and getting the typical AT runaround BS. I want to help promote Martin,and try to help others with their issues,whether it be Martin or anything else. We're all in it together.
    Like this guy here

Got a couple things I want to try to figure out between my Cheetah and my dad's Cheetah. Both somewhat cam related.

Could ask on mine and see what happens, I have the 08 with the M-Pro cam - just wondering what the proper timing/rotation should be on that cam? I have seen people talk about different lengths in the grove where the string exits and I have also seen someone say the "dash" should be parallel to the ground if you were holding the bow straight up. I have the bow shooting really well, but if I can make it better, I will. Also if that will help with speed, than sign me up, though I still haven't chrono'd this bow yet =(

And here are some pictures...

Think my "dash" is a little off from being parallel.
    Last edited by droppixel; 04-30-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    It's engourging to see all these new forum users, shows that this forum is open to new users, and seems like they know that they know that they know that their techinal questions will be dealt with and not just be told that they have to shoot whatever new hotness is in current favor.

what???????