Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: alotta newbies

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the MPRO is the same as the Vipro. I was told 1/10 of an inch off the track/groove is optimum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Like this guy here

Got a couple things I want to try to figure out between my Cheetah and my dad's Cheetah. Both somewhat cam related.

Could ask on mine and see what happens, I have the 08 with the M-Pro cam - just wondering what the proper timing/rotation should be on that cam? I have seen people talk about different lengths in the grove where the string exits and I have also seen someone say the "dash" should be parallel to the ground if you were holding the bow straight up. I have the bow shooting really well, but if I can make it better, I will. Also if that will help with speed, than sign me up, though I still haven't chrono'd this bow yet =(

And here are some pictures...

Think my "dash" is a little off from being parallel.
    In most cases when the bow is at rest, the end of the groove in the cam needs to be 1/4" or less away from the string.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.
    Thanks, I love this forum. I get on here about every day just to see if there is anything new I can try or if there is anything going on that i'm also experiencing or can help with. I don't know if there are any other forums out there with the other guys but this makes me that much more confident with my desicion to buy a Martin. I'll get the pics of my set-up out as soon as I can.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.
    Here's my set-up as of so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    the MPRO is the same as the Vipro. I was told 1/10 of an inch off the track/groove is optimum.
    Adjusting this, twisting up the control cable? After that is done, fair to assume I'll need to check pins and possibly other tuning? I don't want to tweak to many things since everything has been shooting very well, but if I can improve overall performance by doing so, I'll get it done.
    Last edited by droppixel; 05-02-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Actually, it was always resommended to have 1/2" to 5/8" of groove left where the string came off the cam. This was due to some bows derailing the string when shot, as the cam rotated far enough that the string came out of the groove where it ends. Just be careful because if your bow ends up doing this you'll know why.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Actually, it was always resommended to have 1/2" to 5/8" of groove left where the string came off the cam. This was due to some bows derailing the string when shot, as the cam rotated far enough that the string came out of the groove where it ends. Just be careful because if your bow ends up doing this you'll know why.
    Good thing to know...I know if the - in the M-Pro was level with the ground like I have seen before in an AT post, there would be a good space in the groove. I'll take a peek again at mine when I get off work and check to see if I should add/remove some twists.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bump for more newbies

I figured I'd bring this back to the top due to the recent onslaught of new members(that's a GOOD thing). I hope all you new guys stick around and share your experiences and input. You might get a bit of friendly ribbin' now and again,but don't take it personal. That just means your accepted. Congrats on you new bows. The biggest rule to remember is POST PICS. We wanna know and see what your shooting and your choice of accessories.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I figured I'd bring this back to the top due to the recent onslaught of new members(that's a GOOD thing). I hope all you new guys stick around and share your experiences and input. You might get a bit of friendly ribbin' now and again,but don't take it personal. That just means your accepted. Congrats on you new bows. The biggest rule to remember is POST PICS. We wanna know and see what your shooting and your choice of accessories.
    Yeah I'm a newb here but not to archery. I went through a lot of decision making to decide what bow to get, I was raised on recurves and instinctive shooting so compounds are new but I learn quick. So I bought a 2011 Alien X, one of my friends has a 2006 Jaguar I think thats what it is, its a nice bow but the limb has a fracture in it but it still shoots great I told him to call CS to get it fixed but he's stubborn. Well I love my Alien X so much I bought the new "Alien". I probably will be shooting it this weekend when I get the rest just to see how it feels. If anyone wants to see pics there in my album on my profile. I'm happy to be here because I like Martin Bows, I'm a local boy because I only live about an hour and a half from Walla Walla WA.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame you that new Alien is pretty sweet.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps