Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time timing tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Cyclepath, If you look on my member page, look at my albulm and you will see pics of the bow press that I made.342.jpg
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Cyclepath, If you look on my member page, look at my albulm and you will see pics of the bow press that I made.
    I looked and only saw pictures of your draw board. There were no pics of a bow press?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Dooooohhhhh!!!!!!

Middle age brain fart...Typo.....can I use any other excuse. The draw board I built and is shown in pics. My bow press is one of the cable portable units. I can't remember the name of the manufacure, but it works great and is portable and if my poor memory serves me right....ummm....uhhhh....it was $50.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Mudpig

How does the ratcheting pulley work? How far is between each tooth on the ratchet? How do you draw the bow, pull the knotted end of the rope? How hard is that to pull on a 70 pound bow? How hard is it to let back down after being at full draw?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Mudpig

How does the ratcheting pulley work? How far is between each tooth on the ratchet? How do you draw the bow, pull the knotted end of the rope? How hard is that to pull on a 70 pound bow? How hard is it to let back down after being at full draw?
    MLN... The ratchet lever is just above the ratchet wheel and under the hook. Pulling on the knotted end will pull the bow back and each ratchet notch is about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch of bow draw. The pull weight, due to the single pulley is 1/2 the actual draw weight, so it isn't too bad to pull or let down with a 70# bow. The ratchet release lever is pushed forward after putting tention on the rope, then holding that lever you back it back down.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if a double pulley would allow less distance between each click of the ratchet or if it would just reduce the pull force?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that it would do both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Dooooohhhhh!!!!!!

Middle age brain fart...Typo.....can I use any other excuse. The draw board I built and is shown in pics. My bow press is one of the cable portable units. I can't remember the name of the manufacure, but it works great and is portable and if my poor memory serves me right....ummm....uhhhh....it was $50.
    I checked out your pics and I saw the draw board however I don't have a clue as to how that thing would work. How and where do you put the bow? Any chance you could set it up with a bow with pics so we can see how it works? Kinda like a draw board for dummies. Also, I saw some pics of your limbs and they had the # 3h on them. Mine have a 4h. Do you know what the difference is?

Post Thanks / Like

I will try and get a new pic up and posted with the bow on it. The bow grip sits on the top side of the black post at the front of the draw board and then the hook goes into the D loop. The black loop string there on the board is my safety loop, just in case the D loop were to fail. The 3H on my limb is the deflection number for my 60# bow. My 70# bow has 5L limbs on it. These numbers are relative poundage numbers. On different bows, they mean differnt draw weights. I have been told that for each number you change, you are changing the weight by 5# (3-4-5), and the letters are 2 or 3 pound variations (L-M-H).
    If that's way off I'm sure one of the more knowledgable guys here will get things straightened out.