Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this idler wheel lean normal? Having Bengal issues!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this idler wheel lean normal? Having Bengal issues!

Guys,

I have a 2010 Martin Bengal and just had some brand new Bucknasty strings and cables installed. While shooting tonight I noticed a slight creak coming from the upper idler wheel and upon closer look, I noticed the string is coming off at a slight angle. I dont know how this can be avoided due to the angle of the cable coming off the back of the idler wheel to the cable slide. Also take a look at my cam and tell me if this is timed ok, it has about a half inch of groove showing. Ive included a few pics to make sure everything looks ok but Im not sure about the creaking sound the wheel is making. Also aside from the idler issue, my bow is very twangy when shooting. I didnt realize just how loud it was until I was shooting indoors next to a guy whos bow was whisper quiet. I ended up putting 4 monkey tails on my strings and cables but it is still very loud and rings my ear when shooting. Thanks for any help..
    Attached Images Attached Images

SonnyThomas

Default Is this idler wheel lean normal? Having Bengal issues!

Right off I'd say you need your yoke adjusted. Bow at rest, lay a arrow across the wheel and down the string. The arrow should be parallel to the string. Twist the right side and untwist the left until good.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are a bow tech I would just take it back to who ever put the new string and cables on for you and make sure they set it back up properly.

Post Thanks / Like

I just took some measurements and on the left side of the bow, the A2A from pins in the limbs is 32" on the right side its 32 1/8, should that be close to the same?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

glad you made it to the forum. I'd say twist the yoke on the longer side to bring it down to 32",also. That should correct it. But if in doubt,have your bow tech set it up properly for you,if you don't have a proper bow press.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

also,looking again at the last pic,its the yellow cable that needs to be twisted.
    I'm wondering why your string is so far off to the side of the STS. Does the sts rotate or does it just slide in/out. I hope it can be rotated to be in-line w the string.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I am going to swing by the shop tomorrow morning and have him look at it. Yes, the string doesnt quite line up exactly with the center of the STS but it is close. Ill update the post once I shoot a bit at the shop tomorrow. I hope this does something to quiet the bow down a bit too, it has a pretty loud twang to it and from what I read, that is standard with some of these Martins. I sure hope not otherwise it just may be up for sale soon.

Post Thanks / Like

The twang could be from the STS not set right,the string should hit dead center of it.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dougaldy View Post
    Thanks guys, I am going to swing by the shop tomorrow morning and have him look at it. Yes, the string doesnt quite line up exactly with the center of the STS but it is close. Ill update the post once I shoot a bit at the shop tomorrow. I hope this does something to quiet the bow down a bit too, it has a pretty loud twang to it and from what I read, that is standard with some of these Martins. I sure hope not otherwise it just may be up for sale soon.
    the twang isn't a Martin thing. It's an improperly tuned bow thing. Any pro shop worth a dang can have your bow set up properly in no time at all. Don't be so quick to jump on the sell n buy new train. Just go to a QUALITY PRO SHOP. Not Gander Mtn or other box store. You could end up w some jackass shoe salesman pretending to know wgat their doing and could make things worse

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg,

I agree, Im not in that big of a hurry its just that I am getting frustrated with it. I will take it to the shop where I bought it and see what he can do. The owner also shoots Martin bows in competition so Im sure he is more than qualified to get the lean out and quiet it down. Ill find out tomorrow!