Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this idler wheel lean normal? Having Bengal issues!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

be sure to let us know how it goes and what you figured out
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

ATA is 32 and 1\4.brace hight nin 7in.ez to fix if you want to.i got a 2010 bengal.back out limb bolts,but if you have not done it then ask how on this forum,or pm me and i will let you know how.take twists of of yoke.1 more on the side that is shorter ATA.you do not have the ccs so there is no reason why you should have lean.but i love my bengal.im getting 308 fps and its a nice shooter.good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Issue

Well I took my bow into the shop today and while the creaking cam and lean were taken care of, another issue rared its ugly head. After the dealer re-checked everthing, he decided to paper tune it and come to find out it is shooting knock low about an inch or so. He played around with the knock point but couldnt quite get it to tune properly. I am shooting a QAD ultrarest HD so he took that off and tried QAD without the upper containment bar and still the same results. He then changed it out with a whisker biscuit and another non fall away, I think a zapper or something like that and it seemed to shoot straight. I really like that rest but what the heck could it be, Im using a small profile vein but no matter what it still knock tears low.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like nock point needs to be raised or rest needs to be lowered. Pics from the side would help us out.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think those rests can be lowered. I tried to raise the knock pt up to over a 1/2 high and it did get better but that angle was way to great. Can the new string cause the issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaldy View Post
    I dont think those rests can be lowered. I tried to raise the knock pt up to over a 1/2 high and it did get better but that angle was way to great. Can the new string cause the issue?
    I had some issues with the cheapo QAD rest,then switched to a ripcord code red problem solved...................

Post Thanks / Like

Shooting the cheapo QAD and no problems here so far.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Shooting the cheapo QAD and no problems here so far.
    Are you sure!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well since my archery is hunting only and my shots are normally under 20yds with the ST's hitting with the FPs out to 40 yds and no noticeable nock angle issues at the target when removed I'd say I am happy with it and pretty sure. My previous rest was a WB on a 15 yr old PSE.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the QAD Ultrarest HD. Im not sure where to go from here. Im going to have him keep playing with it and see if we can get that low tear to go away. What is acceptable at ten feet? It is tearing about an inch I'd guess, thats not horrible is it?