Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this idler wheel lean normal? Having Bengal issues!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say forget the paper tune and do a walk-back tune. Both of my bows were done this way and I couldn't be happier w my arrow flight both w bh and field points.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Yah thats what Im going to do. My dealer cant seem to get this thing to paper tune perfect, its got a 1" low knock tear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaldy View Post
    I am using the QAD Ultrarest HD. Im not sure where to go from here. Im going to have him keep playing with it and see if we can get that low tear to go away. What is acceptable at ten feet? It is tearing about an inch I'd guess, thats not horrible is it?
    That 1" low tear would bother me. It may not seem horrible to some, but I wouldn't call it good. I'd much rather see a slightly high tear if any tear at all. Are you sure you're using the right spined arrows? I'd like to see you post the specs of your bow and arrow information. As much detail as you can muster.

Who mentioned changing rests? This might be a good idea if for no other reason than pure comparison. With a drop away the type of rest should not be an issue as there should be no fletching contact or other issues, but it doesn't always happen that way.
    What else you can do is use spray foot powder on the vanes to see if they are hitting anything.

That's all that's coming to mind right now.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Bfisher,

I am using Victory V3 400's. My bow is currently set up at 60# and tuning was done from 6-20 feet and also with a bare shaft for comparison. I read where others were having the same issue and it wasnt until the knock pt was raised so hi it was rediculous. I cant explain why the QAD was the issue but it shot bullet holes with a Whisker biscuit on there. I didnt use the foot powder trick but I will continue to shoot it and see what kind of groups I get with the hay bales.

Post Thanks / Like

I dug up your thread and found that some people seem to have left ya hanging after you gave out what you are using. I had the same exact issue on my 2010 Cheetah, and I had two issues. The first issue was the cam stop wasn't making contact, and I was over drawing my cam module. Once we got that fixed, it got closer (about an 1/2'' nock low tear), all said and done, I only got that tear to go away with my nocking point starting out 1/2'' high, while using a qad ultrarest hd ($50 cheapy) I was hitting the top containment bar with blazer vanes, so I removed it. All of that aside, we found the REAL issue was I had cracked limbs. The limbs were so out of whack that I had to give my arrow that extreme high nocking point. Now that my limbs are new powertough limbs, I am sitting with a nocking point just 1/8'' high or so, and it shoots b-e-a-utifully.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide