Thread: Roto cups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roto cups

Does anyone know if roto limb cups are available? I was thinking of modifying a Cougar III with cat 2 cams. Any help will be great.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's possible to use the roto limbs on the Cougar 3. The riser is to different. You should be able to use the cat 2 cams with your limbs and a set of custom strings/cables.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hawg, I was planning on machining the riser to accept the Rotos to get a geometry similar to the new bows. I didn't think the older (2003) limbs would hold up to the cat or nitro cams. I have 2 spare pairs of 13" limbs i was going to use.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have nitrous cams,they should be fine.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drule69 View Post
    Thanks Hawg, I was planning on machining the riser to accept the Rotos to get a geometry similar to the new bows. I didn't think the older (2003) limbs would hold up to the cat or nitro cams. I have 2 spare pairs of 13" limbs i was going to use.
    Are the end of the limb forks reinforced? You need this addition to stand up to the Cat/Nitro cams. You're going to have to do a lot of machining, but I guess you already know that. Another thing. If you intend to use the older style limbs (1 7/8" wide) then you need pre-2010 Roto cups:
    2009 Roto-cup...... part # BP-31.

The newer limbs 2010/2011 are 1 1/2" wide and require 2010 or later Roto cups:
    2010 Roto-cup........part # AB-6
    2011 Roto-cup........part # BP 3111
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Bfisher, i have a set of 2011 and 2010 reinforced limbs that I planned on using. I have a friend that has a machine shop that can do the work for me. I will use my shadowcat, onza III or Alien X as a guide for the limb angles. I've shot a few deer with my cougar III and want to get it a little more speed than I was getting with the Dyna cam (originally a Fusion cam). Not that I need to use this bow anymore, but I am kind of fond of it. Its just one of the nine Martins I have. No other bows are allowed in my house. Thanks for the info and part numbers. Hopefully I can get this up and shooting in a reasonable amount of time. Afterall , I guess I could have worse habits than frankensteining Martin bows. How do I go about ordering these parts?

Once again, Thanks for the info,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Best I can tell you is to call customer service for the parts. If they can't help then get hold of Joel in the warranty dept and see what he can do. My guess is that you'll be asked to order them through a dealer, but you'll find that out.

Can't think of much else at this point.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver