Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow limb delaminated

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question before I contact martin, 2 hour difference between here and there. I have a martin dealer close by but he does not carry the pro series bows. Does that matter? Would he be able to order the limbs for me from martin? If I ordered them would martin send them to his shop? Sorry guys, more then 1 question.

Post Thanks / Like

Contacted local martin dealer and they said they would be able to accept the limbs but they do not set up bows so I am on my own as far as having them put on. Called martin and got a recorded message so I left my information, now just waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm nervous as hell, kinda like waiting for your verdict at a trial.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with Joel. He said I had to have a dealer call and order them. Is this normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Just got off the phone with Joel. He said I had to have a dealer call and order them. Is this normal?
    Yes.........

Post Thanks / Like

Contacted local martin dealer and they said they would be able to accept the limbs but they do not set up bows so I am on my own as far as having them put on. Called martin and got a recorded message so I left my information, now just waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm nervous as hell, kinda like waiting for your verdict at a trial.
    Your not on your own man, you have this forum and its members to help you get the job done correctly if you may not have the know how.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,he told me the same thing,I just took my bow to the pro shop and had them order them.Sorry to hear about your bow,hope you get fixed up quickly.

SL
    Last edited by Simple Life; 04-22-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Well guys thanks for all the support. I get alittle over the top when things go wrong, especially with my toys. My dragon is down also and now with the firecat down I'm out of compounds. Lucky for me I still have my martin viper to play with or I would not be a nice person to be around. Short story long, I deceided to forgo the one shop in the area since all they were able to do is receive the limbs and then give them to me. Beats me how a place can be a dealer yet not do any work on bows, so I headed to my other local martin dealer, they are pretty expensive for work and products but I was kinda stuck, so anyway, they talked with Joel and there is a brand new set of limbs on the way! Just when I thought the day could not get any better than this the tech, who we had become good friends over the last couple years, told me he would set up the bow and tune it for me when the new limbs get there, price, 0 dollars. I guess it pays to spend lots of money and time at the local shop. Kind of changed my opinion about the shop. So, it was and is sad that this had to happen, but, I'm very pleased how everything has worked out the way it did. NOW is playing the waiting game.

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to have a local shop that'll take care of you like that. My nearest Martin shop is about 40 miles away, and only open part time. Must just be a hobby for them I guess. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to post pics when you get your new limbs put on. You know Hutch and Gravedigger love to see pics!