Thread: Quick Fletch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Fletch

What are your thoughts about nap quick fletch?

SonnyThomas

Default Quick Fletch

Okay, I like NAP to no end, but personally, I have no use for the Quick Fletch and especially so for the cost of them. Someone, maybe even me, said they'd be great on a hunting trip if vanes had to be replaced. Having hunted in all kinds of weather, shot in tons of 3Ds and shot in State Championship events for two straight days at anywhere from 180 to 224 shots I never ran into the need to replace vanes. I carried enough arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

OK I'm a backyard shooter and was wondering about thier durability. I dont know whether to invest in a jig or go the quick fletch route. My needs for changing fletching is not alot. just curious on what the best way to go.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    OK I'm a backyard shooter and was wondering about thier durability. I dont know whether to invest in a jig or go the quick fletch route. My needs for changing fletching is not alot. just curious on what the best way to go.
    they're a temporary fix at best. The vanes on mine ripped of easier than regular fletching does. Not worth the $ IMO
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default Quick Fletch

For about $15.00 and tax you can get 100 Blazers or 100 NAP Twisters. There's 33 arrows. Bohning Platinum runs about $5 and tax (does a whole bunch). I don't remember the cost of Scotch Brite or a real copper scrubbing pad, but can't be much (sneak one from the kitchen and cost is $0). Hot water right from the tap to clean arrows can't be much either. A JoJan single fletching jig is about $40 and tax (either straight of helical clamp). So for around $70 (?) you're up and running. Now, figure most shops charge $2 and $3 per arrow.

Keep fletchings and glue in a dark place at room temperature. We bought a box of Bohning 3/4 oz. glue tubes (50?) 3 years ago and what is left is still good. Least wise I just fletched 4 dozen and no one complained and I guarantee my fletching work. Always figured someone would cash in on me, but not yet.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice sonny..... i redid a few arrows with the quick flech and it worked, but sonny is right, if you shoot enough to need to flech often, you might as well do it yourself. and if not, have a shop do it. ive been using the arazona eazy flech, with good results. its super fast and i gotta say i havent ripped a vane off yet, although they do get holes in them. back to the quick flech.... if you shoot in the cold the vanes wont stay on either, same as with wraps..... i dont think i will ever use wraps again, no matter how cool they look!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Thks all you made up my mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Okay, I like NAP to no end, but personally, I have no use for the Quick Fletch and especially so for the cost of them. Someone, maybe even me, said they'd be great on a hunting trip if vanes had to be replaced. Having hunted in all kinds of weather, shot in tons of 3Ds and shot in State Championship events for two straight days at anywhere from 180 to 224 shots I never ran into the need to replace vanes. I carried enough arrows.
    Pretty much my exact thoughts about them since their inception. Of course my Bitzenburger is long paid for; $27 new so that might tell you how long I've had mine. 35 years if you must know. Anyway, for the price of a dozen quick fletch I can buy enough Duravane 3D vanes to do several hundred arrows, in whatever colors I choose.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in as recommending a fletching jig and doing it yourself. I have a older Bitz with straight and right wing clamps (along with a Zenith upgrade kit) and love it. One other thing that hasn't been mentioned, and I don't know if it would be an issue or not, but the weight of the NAP quick fletch could be a factor as related to trying to keep your nock-end weight to a minimum for higher FOC. I haven't checked what they weigh and haven't seen anyone's mention of it.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

im right at positive its on naps website. and its suprisingly heavy. maybe if you wanted to streach your spine a lil but it would be easier other ways, and far cheaper.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight