Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consultant near Chicago for Onza 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Consultant near Chicago for Onza 3?

Hi All,

Brand spanking new to the forum and to the archer's world, so please bear with me if I trip over my tongue a few times. (If a similar question on this has already been covered in the forum, please point me to it. I searched but found zip.)

I'm trying to find a consultant who can advise me on the basics and setting up accessories on the Onza 3 I just acquired. EDIT: I've got the accessories already. Just need to know how to setup and handle them.

I know pro shop guys are typically where one would turn for this, but I'm actually looking for someone to work with on an ongoing basis -- the bow is being used as a working prop in a new media series, and we eventually need to hire a technical consultant for the production. Also, I'd rather not try and rope in some store employee into the project, but if that's the best route to go, so be it. Can someone point me in the right direction to get something going? I'm clueless on this. Thanks much!
    Last edited by SIGSALY; 04-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

first off welcom to the forum.second what will the use of the bow be for.are you neeeding sights,rest,arrows,broadheads,strin silencers,quiver,release,ect..is this going to be for hunting,3d...are you going to be shooting it since its a media type thing.let us know what you need to know.tuning and other info can be found here.just ask and you will get a answer.plus all info from here is free.its the add on's that open the wallet
    Last edited by gravedigger; 04-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

lol you could hire sonny!!! what you could do is go to a shop, and say, i bought this bow, i want to hunt, sell me stuff and help me set it up and get me started shooting........ shoot a lil at night after work....... and you may just find yourself not wanting to give it up....... seriously though, sonny might know someone to get you headed in the right direction, i dont think hes too far from chicago....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    first off welcom to the forum.second what will the use of the bow be for.are you neeeding sights,rest,arrows,broadheads,strin silencers,quiver,release,ect..is this going to be for hunting,3d...are you going to be shooting it since its a media type thing.let us know what you need to know.tuning and other info can be found here.just ask and you will get a answer.plus all info from here is free.its the add on's that open the wallet
    Thanks for the welcome, gravedigger! I've got the accessories needed from Martin already, which are: stabilizer, Mantis capture rest, Firestar LE sight, D-loop package, sling and a quiver.

The bow is mostly going to be used for show, but it will definitely be fired here and there. We're going to have the actor using it get up to speed to know what he needs to before TOUCHING ANYTHING. And we may even have a professional double for him instead of having the actor fire himself.

So it's the learning process just for us to know what we're handling that's key right now. There's a pro shop in my neck of the woods that offers a basic crash course, but they're not a Martin dealer, so I dunno how well they can help guide us on the setup.

BTW, who's Sonny? Sounds like somebody I want to know, lol!

Thanks again for any advice...

Post Thanks / Like

any pro shop can take a guy(or girl)lhrough the basics of shooting.unless you actor is worried about a little arm slap from the string,ther is no need to spend them dollars on a place shooter.a few days and he should be good as gold.you tube has alot of good videos for shooting form ect...if you need hands on traing with the bow then you should try out your pro shop.just tell them your at day 1 with archery and they will set you up.its really not that hard,but IMO a bit of a bare when typing instructions of shooting form.id say put him on the bow and let em go.have fun with it.

Post Thanks / Like

so if you dont mind me asking,whats is this media thing about.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    so if you dont mind me asking,whats is this media thing about.
    It's an action-drama web series (looks more like a TV show) and, as pretentious as this sounds, it's under wraps for about another month for good reason. But I can spill the beans via email to somebody looking to work with us.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds kinda cool.i live in oregon so im no help to ya out there.too bad too.i work for free on my off time.s do you need to tune the bow,sight it in,put everything on it.and what is going to happen to the bow when yall are done useing it.i wont say no if you want to donate it to me.lol...j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIGSALY View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, gravedigger! I've got the accessories needed from Martin already, which are: stabilizer, Mantis capture rest, Firestar LE sight, D-loop package, sling and a quiver.

The bow is mostly going to be used for show, but it will definitely be fired here and there. We're going to have the actor using it get up to speed to know what he needs to before TOUCHING ANYTHING. And we may even have a professional double for him instead of having the actor fire himself.

So it's the learning process just for us to know what we're handling that's key right now. There's a pro shop in my neck of the woods that offers a basic crash course, but they're not a Martin dealer, so I dunno how well they can help guide us on the setup.

BTW, who's Sonny? Sounds like somebody I want to know, lol!

Thanks again for any advice...
    The reference is to Sonny Thomas, one of the senior members here on this site. Not only senior in status, but in age. He's retired and may be able to help. You can use the PM function and ask him personally.

Barring that you can use somebody from a proshop that knows that they are doing. Basic setup of bows is pretty much all the same so it doesn't need to be a Martin dealer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delayed response, here. I left the forum for a moment, then couldn't seem to log back in after a lot of failed password attemps. One of those days. Anywho...

Gravedigger, I'll definitely keep you (and everyone else) posted once we go public with the show; it's a pretty cool concept, if I do say so myself. Sorry to say it, but once the show's season is done, the bow either gets shipped back to Martin or put in storage for season 2 (God willing -- it's a loaner, not a purchase. Thanks for the offer to consult too! Will probably take you up on that. The preference is for someone local to be on set with our actor, but we'll see what happens. Sounds like Sonny is the guy for me to contact.

Thanks again for the advice, guys. Gonna have fun hanging out and learning here, I'm sure.