Thread: apa twister clearance

Post Thanks / Like

Default apa twister clearance

finally got the timing, but i am concerned about clearance in my twister. getting right tears. My dealer couldn't solve it by moving rest then figured my release was culprit. He told me not to touch the rest! I don't know? I did get one random bullet hole
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Right tear,move rest to left in very small increments.Never seen that rest before till now,and there is not much room for error on that.Don't take that the wrong way BB,you will have to make fine adjustment to have perfect fletch clearance.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

thanks sl, looked it up in owners manual. decided to move rest anyway. I got the left right thing but now every few shots get low tear. maybe its my form
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    thanks sl, looked it up in owners manual. decided to move rest anyway. I got the left right thing but now every few shots get low tear. maybe its my form
    have someone snap pics of you at full draw. Head to toe,anchor points,hand placement on the grip,from the waste up,"broadside" to the camera,and from both sides.

make sure there's an arrow on the string,and set up a target at shoulder height to aim at while pics are taken. We can get your form straightened up,too,if need be.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    Try walk back tuning and see what happens. Start at about 10 feet then go back to 5 yards, then ten yards and so on. If you tears are the same you know it is the tuning. If your tears are all over the place you will know it is your form. You can also try bare shaft tuning if you have some.