Thread: Serving replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Serving replacement.

So last night went to the bowshop to get a different launcher put on my QAD so i could shoot FOBs, and my bow guy took one look at my serving on my string and said what the heck. He ended up replacing most of my serving on my main string due to excessive wear and seperation. The worst part was the serving that sits on the idler wheel. It was pretty much worn into multiple pieces getting real close but not wearing on the actual string itself. He said its cause of the deep groove idler wheel on my 2010 Bengal. I thought it was cause of how much i shoot. Any thoughts? Guess i should mention i shoot roughly 200 arrows 1 to 2 times a week.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    So last night went to the bowshop to get a different launcher put on my QAD so i could shoot FOBs, and my bow guy took one look at my serving on my string and said what the heck. He ended up replacing most of my serving on my main string due to excessive wear and seperation. The worst part was the serving that sits on the idler wheel. It was pretty much worn into multiple pieces getting real close but not wearing on the actual string itself. He said its cause of the deep groove idler wheel on my 2010 Bengal. I thought it was cause of how much i shoot. Any thoughts? Guess i should mention i shoot roughly 200 arrows 1 to 2 times a week.
    Was the serving original to the string or did you add serving to string at idler position?? My '10 Bengal is not served at the idler wheel.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

it was a custom string done by my bow guy
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    it was a custom string done by my bow guy
    And just what size end serving did he use? Could be the size was too large or not served tight enough so it rubbed the edge of the groove during cam rotation. The depth of the groove would have no ill effects on the string, but if the string diameter is too large for the width of the groove it would account for the wear you describe, along with maybe the groove having too sharp an edge.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver