Thread: Serving an end loop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Serving an end loop?

I am somewhat new to tinkering with the strings on a bow as far as serving is concerned. I have done some pretty extensive studies on this over the past couple of weeks though and this is where I am at.

I need to reserve an end loop on a cable on my onza 3 as it has been cut into by the mod. I am not really afraid of ruining the cable as I can buy new and probably will soon anyway. I have a jig set up to keep the cable taunt and avoid untwisting. My question is, when I take the old serving off will the string come completely apart or is the string served together under this serving? Will attempt it tonight if I know my cable is not going to fall apart when I take the serving off otherwise I will wait until after turkey season as Ive got another tag I can fill. The strings are factory hammerheads.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks all for the help...and I believe I do have the mod smoothed out so that it stops cutting cable serving.

Post Thanks / Like

The end loops themselves are served seperate from the end serving and I'm guessing its the end serving itself and not the loop that you want to reserve. The end servings can be removed and reserved without fear of the cable/string coming apart, just keep track of the direction the serving is wound so you can install the new serving in the same direction.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly the help I was looking for...Thanks archerx7

Post Thanks / Like

anyone have any links to directions to remove and redo the end serving on the string

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you going to serve it on? You will need to stretch it @ 300lbs. Also you will need to see which way it twists. Hook one end of your string on a hook or nail or if you have a string jig. Hold the other end and twist is one way or the other to see which way it twists. Once you find out which way the twist is, you will need to serve it in that direction. Check out this link. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1356672

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com