Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rytera bulletx 70#???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera bulletx 70#???

That's what my bow says, 70 pounds max. Right now with new strings and cranked down I'm only hitting 65. With the factory string I was hitting 63. I sent them an email, and have had no reply yet, it's only been 2 working days. The bow is an 07, and I bought it new last spring from the guy on ebay. H'e in Wala Wala Washington, he sells a bunch of them, so I'm guessing he's an outlet store of types. But I'm kinda bummed that it's only hitting 65. The limbs are not touching the riser, I can still see some light under them, not much, just enough to keep them off the riser.

So what gives? Why only 65?? No it's not the scale, it's been tested.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd tighten the limb bolts down until the limbs just touch the riser, then back them off 1/8th-1/4th turn. Then recheck it. If it's still on the light side, I'd say you need to check your string and cable lengths, ATA, and BH. Get them all to spec, then the bow should hit that 70# mark.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

new strings, made to order, went by the lengths on the riser. 1/8 to 1/4, heck I'm about a 1/16 to 1/32" off the riser. Spec's say the ATA is 33", it was and still is at 34" with new strings and old strings.

SonnyThomas

1" long on ata is quite a bit. I'd twist up the cables 2 full twists and check draw weight until you either hit listed max poundage or ata. 1/8" long or short of listed ata is normal, but factory guided line tolerances can be as much as +/- 3/8".

Post Thanks / Like

That 1/8th-1/4th was meant as turns of the limb bolts out from fully down. If you're an inch off on ATA, and light on poundage, I'd say you should add some twists to your cable. Bring the ATA closer to spec, and that'll increase the preload on the limbs, giving you a higher poundage. I'm assuming this is a single cam? Not sure if they made a dual cam BulletX or not, as mine is a single cam. If yours is a dual cam, you need to twist BOTH cables equally.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ATA with the factory string was 34", and 63 pounds. New string just gained 2 pounds and ATA stayed the same. Vipro cam. Maybe a new Onza or used Warthog will take care of my IBO blues. I'm sure my advertised 305 is some where in the 250 range. My daughters bow is that fast.

SonnyThomas

I wouldn't shell out money on a new bow when twisting up the strings to get the correct ata may solve your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I wouldn't shell out money on a new bow when twisting up the strings to get the correct ata may solve your problem.
    x2!
    ATA and max dw is measured with the limbs fully bottomed out.
    You stated that the new strings were made to spec but did you actually put tension on them and measure and adjust before you installed them?
    Another thing is that, unfortunatly, not all the spec tables posted are totally accurate.
    Like the others here have advised - just twist up the cable and string untill the bow does hit the correct dw and the cam rotation is correct.
    At that point the ata will end up right on or very very close to the posted spec.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm just going to say SCREW IT. The new strings gave me the same measurements as the factory strings that I took off. 34" 63 pounds, that's it. A fast bow isn't shiat if you can't hit the target, and dead is dead if you can. It's tuned, it shoots so I am done. Thanks and happy hunting.
    Last edited by Scott; 04-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Well I'm just going to say SCREW IT. The new strings gave me the same measurements as the factory strings that I took off. 34" 63 pounds, that's it. A fast bow isn't shiat if you can't hit the target, and dead is dead if you can. It's tuned, it shoots so I am done. Thanks and happy hunting.
    Just a couple of questions....

1.) Can you shoot a 70# bow?

2.) Do you wanna shoot a 70# bow?

3.) You said your string length was 34" So im going to assume its a dual cam bow....Am i right? Scratch this one, i read some of your other post and you have a single cam.

Now on to some points....

1.)Having your Single cam bow hit factory specs aren't as important as having them hit specs on a dual cam bow. So on a single cam bow theres room for +/-. Just check for cam lean and cam timing, if those are good to go i wouldn't worry about ATA and BH not hitting factory specs. However, one spec i would make sure i hit would be my pre load on limbs and limb specs....ie 70 #

2.) Your bow is not tuned!

3.) This is not one of those forums where the members are A**es, so there is no need for you to be one!

4.) Give the guys a chance to help you, there are a bunch of awesome guys on here with knowledge to spare......trust me.

5.) twisting cables are not as hard as you think, it's actually a very easy thing to do. If and only if, you can leave your pride at the door, have a set of ears, and are willing to use them and have some good old common sense.

6.) I can tell just by your post that you are a bit of a noob when it comes to tuning. The good news is, thats nothing to be ashamed of! Everyone has to start somewhere. Hell, i'm willing to bet i'm much more new to archery than you are! And i will be the first to admit i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to archery. The good news for me is that i don't have an ego and i ask alot of "dumb" (to me) questions. And im always wanting to learn more! And there are great guys here always willing to help another archer out.

7.) We do not bash bow companys on here. If we have a problem with a particular bow company, we discuss it as adults.....On this forum we do not care what you shoot, just as long as you are shooting and having a good time. The only bashing that is done here is by the onion haters!

8.) If you wanna be one of the "cool kids" then you must like onions and you must post pics.........lol
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 04-27-2011 at 02:50 AM.