Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ShadowCat Tuning

SonnyThomas

Default ShadowCat Tuning

Bfisher hit on the peep location. I have 5 5/8" from top of arrow nock to center of the peep on my Shadowcat.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Simon, I don't know what else to tell you. I looked at the pic of Dudley and that's pretty much just how I anchor, with the exception being that instead of using a string loop I use a rope release so my loop is essentially on the release and I attach it right against the underside of the nock. Wit this being the case the measurement from nocking point to my peep is like Sonny's. About 5 1/2" plus or minus 1/8" depending on the string angle.

Frankly, knowing a little about how long you've been around and your experience I'm a bit surprised you are having this problem. Guess it just shows that no matter how long we've been at it we'll never know it all. I'm sure you'll get it worked out, but keep us posted.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

My advice...go back to the Razor-X with Nitrous cams. Yes, I'm being honest and serious; the Nitrous cams and Elite limbs created a combination that was exceptionally easy to tune. Plus, you've already proved that that bow was capable of shooting out to the distances you're looking for. I'm shooting an old MV2 Elite and you literally couldn't pry that thing from my hands. Simply put, they're just better than what's being produced now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i liked the Razor-X. But i sold most parts of it. I have a ShadowCat with NOS-X-Cams sitting here but i have no time to finish it.

Spiker, i will measure it tomorrow. Just came home a few minutes ago and will slip into my bed within the next seconds... Good night.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

SonnyThomas

Default ShadowCat Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by cherryju1ce View Post
    My advice...go back to the Razor-X with Nitrous cams. Yes, I'm being honest and serious; the Nitrous cams and Elite limbs created a combination that was exceptionally easy to tune. Plus, you've already proved that that bow was capable of shooting out to the distances you're looking for. I'm shooting an old MV2 Elite and you literally couldn't pry that thing from my hands. Simply put, they're just better than what's being produced now.
    76 yards and a 32" draw length with 60 pounds of draw weight. His rig should nail 100 yards easily.

I just checked my Shadowcat - max poundage is a hair over 53 pounds. Sure Loc set for 100 yards I have 1 1/2" of clearance and this with a 2 1/8" diameter lens housing.

Post Thanks / Like

Center of arrow is around 2,25 cm - 22,5mm away from the deep part where the berger holes are. There is a region that is a bit deeper than the rest of the shelf. Oh well. It points far to the right anyways. You know those stripes that are in the VEM shelf? The arrow is far away from being parallel with them.

Arrow is nearly parallel to the riser in terms of height now. Just checked it. Oh, and i played a bit with Cam timing. Bottom Cam was a bit less rotated than top cam, changed that now vice versa. Reduced ATA by 6mm which is around 1/4". Bow draws smooth, has around 65% LO now. Maybe i can try it out next Monday.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your centershot is correct or very close. On both my AX's, my AZ and my Firecat - the arrow points right (right hand bows) when at rest and is not parallel with the lines on the shelf v.e.m.
    I think if you get the nock point and peep height set right you will get the distance out of it.

SonnyThomas

Default ShadowCat Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Centershot is way to the right. Any ideas please?
    Barry,

The main thing that bothers me is that i have this weird centershot setting... :/
    Center of arrow is around 2,25 cm - 22,5mm away from the deep part where the berger holes are. It points far to the right anyways. You know those stripes that are in the VEM shelf? The arrow is far away from being parallel with them.
    Center shot. My arrows are virtually straight with the lines on the rubber plate of the shelf. I've tried arrow too weak and too stiff and the arrow goes straight. I'd measure my arrow from the riser, but it's packed in the truck for a 3D tomorrow.

Have you tried eye balling in horizontal center shot? If I set center shot with our EZ Eye laser I'd have the arrow on the right side of my riser - that far right. Shadowcat just aren't machined for lasers.