Thread: alien x string length vs ATA and brace height

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default alien x string length vs ATA and brace height

So whats more important, setting the strings to exact spec or adjusting them so that ATA and BH are closer to spec? With my alien when I set the strings to spec the ATA is 31 1/4 so its a little short, and the brace height is 6 7/8 which is on par with most. When I measure the draw length its about 3/8 inch longer than the setting on the mod. So should I leave it as is with the strings to spec, or adjust it so the ATA is closer to 31.5? In the past when I had it at exactly 31.5 the BH was 6 3/4 which is shorter than most AX. I dont have a scale so I cant tell you what the DW is at the current setting. My OCD is not allowing me to leave it alone.

SonnyThomas

Default alien x string length vs ATA and brace height

Right off I'd say having the bh is more important. That said, specs are not written in concrete - they are general, have +/- tolerances. Careful twisting of strings can usually bring all measurements within 1/8" and give listed draw weight.

Post Thanks / Like

So use the string lengths as a starting point, then make adjustments to bring the BH and ATA within 1/8th of the specs? Now I need a scale to test the final draw weight.

Post Thanks / Like

I've sold and setup probably 150 AX's, set the string and cables to spec, time the cams and call it a day. The brace and AtA are appox. figures only. The draw length should be 1/4" longer than the actual mod setting if you have the stop set for 80% letoff. The draw weight should come in about 1 1/2 - 2 pounds heavier than the marked DW.

The specs on mine are 6 3/4 brace and 31 1/2 AtA and it maxes out at 61.6#'s

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 AX's, one with 60# limbs and one with 50#'rs.
    Both have the strings set dead on the spec length.
    Both have an ata of 31.5" and bh of 6.75"
    The 60# max's at 61.5# and the 50# max's at just a hair under 54#.
    They both shoot fantastic so I dont care if they are off a bit from the posted spec lengths.
    What is the posted spec lengths anyway?
    Never mind - dont matter...