+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Blood for the new Silencer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    I like to hear that since I am looking into getting a Silencer too. I will have to put it on extreme layaway lol but I am going to have it ordered either in June or July. Is there anything you don't like or would like to see changed? any issues with the TRG or SOS?

Oh yeah nice shootin. Now get you some yotes with it.

Thanks

Will
    Will

The only issues I have are the SOS "string slap" when shooting, which is now fixed (accidentally broke it...oops!), and my down cable is showing some premature wear from the TRG, once again my fault for over waxing in that area...still waiting to hear on a replacement cable. Other than those two issues, it's a MILLION times better than my old bow.

Regarding the yotes, I have my stands set up, just need to get out and do some calling to see if I can stab a few!
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    I like to hear that since I am looking into getting a Silencer too. I will have to put it on extreme layaway lol but I am going to have it ordered either in June or July.

Thanks

Will
    If you are waiting until then you might as well wait for the 2012s to come out. There may be some improvements!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    If you are waiting until then you might as well wait for the 2012s to come out. There may be some improvements!
    MLN you may just have something there. I was not thinking about that. By the time I get it ordered and I get it out of layaway it just might be time for the next years bows to come out.

Sorry for the HIjack now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coyotekiller82 View Post

The only issues I have are the SOS "string slap" when shooting,

Got a Limbsaver Decelerator this week and going to take off the SOS and see how much noise is reduced if any.BTW good shooting CK.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Got a Limbsaver Decelerator this week and going to take off the SOS and see how much noise is reduced if any.BTW good shooting CK.
    SL Please keep us updated on this thanks.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coyotekiller82 View Post
    I just happened to hit about 2.5" low
    Understand. Not a big target anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a LOT of these critters around our area too. They're referred to as 13-stripe ground squirrels and PESTS they are. Besides occupying burrows left by the likewise offensive pocket gophers, they also dig their own, which are generally just shallow enough that they collapse when you walk on top and can cause a person to sprain their ankle if they're not careful. They're also bad for horses for the same reason. I've been shooting them with my air rifle but I think I may have to take up the challenge to see if I can take some out with stick and string.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Managed to nail this prairie rat on Sunday with my Silencer. It was about a 20 yard shot, hit him right in the neck...instant lights out
    Good shooting CK 82. Tell me, are those prarie rats good eating, or you don't bother? I've tasted what we call bush rats down here, a bit like rabbit, but not much flesh on em. I'd rather get a meal from a goanna, they're better, more like a mixture of chicken and fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how big they are where CK82 lives but the ones here (Colorado), even if they were tasty morsels, wouldn't be worth the time skinning and cooking as they don't have much meat on 'em.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    Good shooting CK 82. Tell me, are those prarie rats good eating, or you don't bother? I've tasted what we call bush rats down here, a bit like rabbit, but not much flesh on em. I'd rather get a meal from a goanna, they're better, more like a mixture of chicken and fish.
    I can't say for sure what they taste like, but I do know that during the "dirty 30's" a lot of residents on the prairies supplemented their meager diets with these stripped gophers. I'd hate to have to do that as they're usually flea riddled and often have ticks as well...and like the one's in Colorado where Rockyhud resides, they're fairly skimpy on any sort of meat.

And Rockyhud...you don't know what you're missing!! Before last year I only shot 'em with rimfire or center fire rifles...I'm hooked on gettin' 'em now with the stick and string
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

+ Reply to Thread