Thread: anchor points

Post Thanks / Like

Default anchor points

I was just wondering where everyone likes to anchor thier bow. I had my anchor point set with the string at the corner of my mouth and my nose on the string and it was perfect. then i twisted up my shooting string because it didn't have many twists in it and now I can anchor it where i use to. my sight is adjusted all the way down and when i anchor it how i use to i hit low. then when i move my peep up to give my sight some adjusting room my anchor point is off again i cant seem to get it where i want it.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I can never remember w/o messin w it. I think if if you move your peep,you have to move the kisser,also. Forgive me. It's too early to know what I'm talking about. Lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Did you twist the string because ATA was out of spec or just to put more twists in the string?
    2012 Alien X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you twisted your string, you have moved your nocking point and your peep. Make sure your arrow nock point is in the right place. Once you have that done, draw the bow level with your eyes closed, then anchor and open your eyes, if you see out your peep is in the right place. If not set your peep in place and tune your bow.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com