Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new fixed pin sight suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default new fixed pin sight suggestions?

i may be in the market for a new fixed pin sight. any suggestions out there? i may just end up making some modifications on an old sight.....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I'll assume that you're talking about a single pin sight. If you are, the Truglo Range Rover is an excellent sight. It's so bright that it doesn't need a light(even when I went hunting I didn't a light).

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Copper John Gravedigger sight last fall. 5 pin model. Liked it enough I bought another one to replace the sights on another bow of mine. My favorite sight so far is a Cobra Boomslang. 6 pins, very bright, and a good sturdy sight. I bought both at Sportsmansguide for a lot less than any local shop was offering them for. I'd rather keep things local, but the price difference was too much to pass up. As far as a single pin, I have never used one, so can't give any advise on them. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about buying one, the HHA is nice. But then I started to think, no it wasn't that bad. So it's dusk/dawn, you turn the light on to see the pin, now you need to turn on a flash light to see the yard makings on the tape. Kind of a no brainer on that one, better off with a 4-5-6 pin. Unless you plan on shooting in the day light all the time.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My son got a truglo extreme tool less 5pin and I will have to admit its nice and well built

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got an Apex Atomic single fixed pin. Well built and very bright. I'm considering the opposite,though. I'm enjoying the Viper multi-pin quite a bit. It's the first sight I've used that's not a single pin. I'm thinking switching to a multi pin instead of the single pin.

on that note,if anyone is interested in a swap,let me know via PM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

im not looking for a single pin. i was looking into a 7pin, or so. i got to playing around and stuffed all of my apex pins into my truglo frame, adjusted to where i though my 20 pin should be and then went and shot 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards all of the aarows were in the 4 in circle. i might try this for awhile and see if i can get set up to what i like. im wanting to shoot just a bit farther away, and dont want to reset my 20 pin all of the time. and it would be a shame to spend 170+ on a sight that can do nothing better than the sight i have now...... (i have a truglo carbon xs 4 pin, with 7 pins stuffed in it now)
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

How much you want to spend? There are few sights that come with seven pins Spott Hogg makes the SDP seven deadly pins sight.

I like the 5 pin Sights I have A five fixed pin plus one pin that is adjustable with a tape on the front so I can adjust it from 10yds to 70yds or farther. Limbsaver Elite Prism.

I also like the Copper John Dead Nuts 3 Mark 3. It has 5 pins with speed gap technology which means the pins can sit on top of each other for those peed bows out there.
    The fibers are wrapped around the sight housing, You can add on as you go so you can buy the base model and later add micro adjustment. or 2nd axis adjustment, it comes with 3rd axis adjustable. Or maybe want to add a dovetail extension you can.

You can also add a lens kit as well.

Some Sight companies will work with you to custom build your sight.

Hope some of this helped.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    im not looking for a single pin. i was looking into a 7pin, or so. i got to playing around and stuffed all of my apex pins into my truglo frame, adjusted to where i though my 20 pin should be and then went and shot 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards all of the aarows were in the 4 in circle. i might try this for awhile and see if i can get set up to what i like. im wanting to shoot just a bit farther away, and dont want to reset my 20 pin all of the time. and it would be a shame to spend 170+ on a sight that can do nothing better than the sight i have now...... (i have a truglo carbon xs 4 pin, with 7 pins stuffed in it now)
    How about one of these? pse f-35
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cyclepath; 05-02-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the Sword Twilight Hunter. Bullet proof body, and you pretty much have to try to break the fibers. Not the brightest pins, but the light works just fine. They will put them together with whatever color (I use just green and red), size (.029,.019,.010) and number of pins you want. Just call them. (419) 956-0512.