Thread: Hunting blinds ???

Hybrid View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunting blinds ???

I've never hunted with a bow, other than a target. I've been looking at blinds, some are blacked out inside, some are camo. The black blind would require a person inside to be dressed in black to blend in, and I guessing a "Black" bow would be best. Is it really necessary to have a blacked out blind? I don't want to paint my bow, and I don't want to buy another one. I've got the fishing sickness bad enough, 15 rods and all technique specific for bass fishing. St Croix Loves me.

I was at a local archery shop, looking. I overheard the saleman telling a customer, " you only need one bow". One bow being a camo Rytera.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

dang i dont think the color inside matters as much as u might think , i prefer black ,and i dont think a camo bow would have any affect , good luck my blinds been black as hell fer years and my bows always been a camo , and i can tell u i have had deer as close as 10 feet with no prob

Post Thanks / Like

I used one with the camo'ed mesh windows for my Antelope last year. Set it up in the back yard and the wife & friends couldn't see me moving my arms at 20 yards, only at 10 could they see movement inside. It has shoot through mesh and he never seen it comming, shot him at 29 yards.
    I believe you would only need to dress in black or camo if you were to use it with the windows down or removed, I have seen that a few times.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your input. Time to put this bow to good use, and my tag.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here can't be seen inside the blind unless you are within 10yards and even then you must be looking close. Ameristep Grizzly. Works for me!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Have never used a hunting blind, always a natural ground blind. I've used black bows and camo bows and taken animals with both and within 10 yards. If you're dancing inside the blind that may make a difference, lol.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.