Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the cry of frustration help lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up the cry of frustration help lol

hey guys i am really haven some problems my bow its a 08 saber , dang thing was shootin great! I am not a expert but dose anyone have any clues what I should look for ,I cant group anymore, and no matter what I adjust its not helping , i had my son shoot it and its about the same for him , so I dont think its operator error, I have cotton ball checked the limbs for cracks[ looks good ] and the strings and the cables[look good] ata at 32 and a 1/4, i checked all the fasteners I did find one of the mod screws was all most out as it turns out stripped ,repaired but its not the problem the accuracy started to get worse the tail end of the season last year and is getting worse , when i got this bow back from martin after the limbs had to be replaced , i was wackin beer caps at 20 yds pretty consistent dang i even got 6 rh give me your thoughts folks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was shooting bullets. I let it sit for several months and then took it out. i couldn't hit a 10" plate at 30 yards. Come to find out the d loop had moved and the fletch's were hitting the string. The alan screws loosened up letting the rod rotate. Turned it back and tightened up the alan screws, and fixed the serving under the d loop. It seems like bows are in a constant state of tune.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Polaris754, Here is an odd thing to check. Check at full draw and see if you have any cam or idler lean, also limb twist. Just a shot in the dark but after sitting a while it might have changed and that would causing side to side string oscillation. Also are the groups you are having, up and down or side to side. Arrows hitting up and down are usually string and rest problems. Arrows side to side are usually clearance issues or string oscillation.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    hey guys i am really haven some problems my bow its a 08 saber , dang thing was shootin great! I am not a expert but dose anyone have any clues what I should look for ,I cant group anymore, and no matter what I adjust its not helping , i had my son shoot it and its about the same for him , so I dont think its operator error, I have cotton ball checked the limbs for cracks[ looks good ] and the strings and the cables[look good] ata at 32 and a 1/4, i checked all the fasteners I did find one of the mod screws was all most out as it turns out stripped ,repaired but its not the problem the accuracy started to get worse the tail end of the season last year and is getting worse , when i got this bow back from martin after the limbs had to be replaced , i was wackin beer caps at 20 yds pretty consistent dang i even got 6 rh give me your thoughts folks
    I wonder how many times the bow was shot b4 you discovered the stripped screw. You may have cycled the bow several times and the buggered up screw may have damaged the cam bearing by forcing pressure to one side or at least may have affected the way the cam rotated during cycle. 2nd, I too had an experience with a rod, but mine cracked inside the sleave of the riser. Everytime I drew the bow the cable slide acted differently. Good Luck.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    I wonder how many times the bow was shot b4 you discovered the stripped screw. You may have cycled the bow several times and the buggered up screw may have damaged the cam bearing by forcing pressure to one side or at least may have affected the way the cam rotated during cycle. 2nd, I too had an experience with a rod, but mine cracked inside the sleave of the riser. Everytime I drew the bow the cable slide acted differently. Good Luck.
    cjchasman has another very good point here, the rod it will change everything in the way a bow shoots.

HUTCH

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above, plus check for clearance on your rest, maybe your nocking point is to low or to high now, due maybe to some string stretch. How i check for fletching clerance after seting my nocking point is by simply spraying foot powder on the last 6" of the arrow or you could just spray it on the rest......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    All of the above, plus check for clearance on your rest, maybe your nocking point is to low or to high now, due maybe to some string stretch. How i check for fletching clerance after seting my nocking point is by simply spraying foot powder on the last 6" of the arrow or you could just spray it on the rest......
    Bet those arrows don't have athletes feet.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

ok just got back from the indoor range , first couple shots wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! very bad ,checked the paper fer bullet holes good grrrrrrrrrrrr scratches head , ok i moved the peep double checked all the screws again and the rod , everythings ok as far as i can see im loosen it fer sure dang i dont want to buy another bow right now , in frustration i quit fer now i will get back to it later , i have a funny feeling ,and because i didnt measure it the ata is off , the last thing i looked at is the top idler appears to be off at full draw , but i would think it would eat the strings ? not buy much or it is a illusion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Bet those arrows don't have athletes feet.

Hutch
    Oh Hutch, everyone knows it to prevent your arrows from getting athletes foot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    ok just got back from the indoor range , first couple shots wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! very bad ,checked the paper fer bullet holes good grrrrrrrrrrrr scratches head , ok i moved the peep double checked all the screws again and the rod , everythings ok as far as i can see im loosen it fer sure dang i dont want to buy another bow right now , in frustration i quit fer now i will get back to it later , i have a funny feeling ,and because i didnt measure it the ata is off , the last thing i looked at is the top idler appears to be off at full draw , but i would think it would eat the strings ? not buy much or it is a illusion
    Hey could you give a little more detail? Like DW, DL and type of arrow's? Thanks