Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My home-made TRG for older bows (like my 08 Firecat and possibly others)

Post Thanks / Like

With the Martin TRG and my own, I have noticed an improvement in the draw cycle, most notably near the end as the draw force curve drops into the valley before coming up against the hard stop/wall. Both TRG types helped make the "hump" into the valley less pronounced. That's the biggest difference I've experienced. It's been long enough time since I had a straight guide rod and slide installed that I don't recall if there was much else different in the first part of the draw cycle between the two systems. Since both systems pull the cables very close to the same amount to the side at the first part of the draw cycle, logic would seem to indicate the "feel" would be very similar during this phase with both straight rod and TRG.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Why must you tempt me with this.idea! ..I think I want to make a rod system like this for my cheetah... the bow is sooooo short which makes the cable / cam lean a bit if an issue...... rather than dumping $80 on a tilt tamer, I may just brave it.... and go with this route..... i an an electrician, and it really sems like a lot if the same geomerty i use during conduit bending.... just wish we had a 3/8 hydraulic bender. That would make it too sweet..... we shall see. I've had a lot of issues with my bow, and don't really.want.to cause more, which.is what scares me with this, but only time will tell....
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Tempt, didn't you ask for this info?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking something of this style is a great solution... didn't know anyone tried it til I dug up this old thread. My dad used to own an archery shop that carried lots of Martin parts, including 3/8'' aluminum and carbon rods. I am gonna play with some of the long aluminum rods, and see if I can come up with something.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide