Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my question would be when did they implement the new changes? I haven't had the chance to shoot my new Onza very much, and haven't had it more than a couple weeks. I guess I'm just hoping that mine's new enough to not have to worry about it (selfish I know )
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

SonnyThomas

Default Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

The TRG was introduced just this year, for 2011 models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Yes, that Ryan Martin. I sent my bow to him at the suggestion of customer service.

I was at a FFA banquet for my son when he called so I didn't have a lot of time and it was hard to hear him even though I moved into the hallway. I think there may have been a material change and they bead blasted the mold to give a little roughness to the TRG. I asked about that and he said that it worked better that way. All I can think of is maybe there is less surface tension or drag that way? What they did to the HH cables he didn't say. He did say that they are only using about 4-4.5 inches of serving on the string now instead of the nearly 13 inches I had on my string.
    This sounds like Martin has addressed many of the areas of concern that have been voiced on this forum. Early in the year there were threads about the serving being too long, and who knew to fix the wear on the cables, that they would need to roughen up the TRG? For them to test the new TRG to get 6000 shots on it, would take some time to accomplish. Being that it is May, we are only 5 months into the new year, so I think our concerns have not been falling on deaf ears, but it just took some time to work on the problems. Let's hope that these changes are what was needed, and that owners of affected bows are taken care of.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

When I get my bow back I'll see if I can tell any difference in the TRGs. It may be hard since I won't have both.

As for the roughness it is surely minute as bead blasting won't leave something really rough, maybe a satin like finish?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Yes stick with the regular cable slide. Seems there are issues both CCS and TRG. How much torque does the regular slide produce anyway? If you shoot well with the regular cable slide id stay with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my replacement strings, TRG and and rod today. The rod is about 1/4 inch shorter but the TRG itself looks like the exact same material as the old one. I bought my bow in march but don't have a clue about the date of manufacture so I may already have the newer bead blasted TRG. They did send a new cable rod and slide but the dang thing shoots so well I chose to keep the set up the same and try the replacement parts since I wasn't getting any wear from the cable and string on the TRG itself. Dialing it back in tonight.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes