Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Simple Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Up here
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Let me ask your wife that question.


    HUTCH
    LOL,she don't need to know.I will leave the TRG,no abnormal wear yet,but I am going to order a STS and remove the SOS.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It works but is not perfected. Do a search and and see the derailment problems and the cable wear problems.
    I've had experience with all three systems and have to admit the slide has posed no problems at all. The CCS has caused slight cable wear when not served and the TRG similar wear until I put more twists in string/cable and applied plenty of wax, but not too much.

    I wonder what Martin's thoughts are when they read all these type of posts. Very clever of a bow company to own a couple of archery web sites I reckon.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Simple Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Up here
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thats the thing,we are used to a low maintence slide and now we are having to use certain waxs,adjusting it and watching for wear around the TRG, I respect what Martin is trying to do,but sometimes it is hard to better something that already works good.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I respect what Martin is trying to do,but sometimes it is hard to better something that already works good.
    Agree 100%, but in this difficult business, you gotta keep coming up with something different each year, or you're outa business. It certainly ain't easy and would keep you on your toes for sure!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Speedykills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    It works but is not perfected. Do a search and and see the derailment problems and the cable wear problems.


    Hutch
    My setup is working just fine as i suspect most are,personely i think Martin should stick with the CCS,it just works,look at mathews,heck even bowtech went this route as im sure other bow companies have too.
    In my opionon thats the route i would go if i was martin.Also i think would side plates should be the norm and the thermo v grip should be a option,ok im done.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

  6. #16
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    My setup is working just fine as i suspect most are,personely i think Martin should stick with the CCS,it just works,look at mathews,heck even bowtech went this route as im sure other bow companies have too.
    In my opionon thats the route i would go if i was martin.Also i think would side plates should be the norm and the thermo v grip should be a option,ok im done.
    I am glad yours is working well. But if you look through the forum and other forums, they have had countless problems. I like the ccs better then the trg. But IMO it still holds the cable too stationary and causes unnecessary stress and wear to the cable.


    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  7. #17
    Senior Member Speedykills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I am glad yours is working well. But if you look through the forum and other forums, they have had countless problems. I like the ccs better then the trg. But IMO it still holds the cable too stationary and causes unnecessary stress and wear to the cable.


    Hutch
    well if there were ten or twenty people with problems not really a big deal considering the amount of bows Martin sell's nothing a little halo serving would'nt cure or better strings and cables.
    But the more i look at the trg setup the more i like the CCS.

    As i have said before AT isnt the whole archery community................
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

  8. #18
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    well if there were ten or twenty people with problems not really a big deal considering the amount of bows Martin sell's nothing a little halo serving would'nt cure or better strings and cables.
    But the more i look at the trg setup the more i like the CCS.

    As i have said before AT isnt the whole archery community................
    I wholly agree ccs over trg. As for other forums then AT, I have seen lots of posts on how do I fix my ccs. But never the less its working for you stick with it. My bow cam with the rod and not the ccs. If it had came with a ccs I would use it.

    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW OK
    Posts
    1,480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    You guys do realize that the TRG can be replaced with a standard rod and slide don't you ? The TRG rod is the same size ( 3/8" ) as a standard rod.
    Jim

    Do you think that the A2A will change since the TRG really moves the cables to the right at rest?
    Firecat 400

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Washington, Ohio
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Jim

    Do you think that the A2A will change since the TRG really moves the cables to the right at rest?
    You'll most likley see a small change, the same as converting from a ccs to a rod/slide, you would just have to add some twist to the cables to bring it back to where it was.

    Advantage Custom Strings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •