Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    I know where you're coming from Hutch. What's your take on the CCS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    My setup is working just fine as i suspect most are,personely i think Martin should stick with the CCS,it just works,look at mathews,heck even bowtech went this route as im sure other bow companies have too.
    In my opionon thats the route i would go if i was martin.Also i think would side plates should be the norm and the thermo v grip should be a option,ok im done.
    i dig the ccs.i have had 0 issues with it.but thats just me.i geep it clean with small amout of wax.i would like to get 2 more bengals with the ccs.i will for sur stick with the ccs.

Post Thanks / Like

question is, will the ccs, if ordered from Martin, fit on the 2011 bows that have the trg?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

but in this difficult business, you gotta keep coming up with something different each year, or you're outa business.
    Perhaps. Its a bit like the software industry, you always have ppl crying out for 'innovation' but the paying average user doesn't give a crap. They just want 'familiar' reliable software that is easy to use and that works. But there is always those who scream for change for the sake of change, they are usually the loudest.

Speed sells, reliability sells, trendy stuff? I really think us archers are more conservative generally. There is always a trendy segment but I don't think most of us are. Problem with 'trends' is that they are always changing.

Give me a reliable, well designed bow that doesn't go out of date too soon and I'll be happy. Industry standard parts for extra choice and I'm over the moon.

SonnyThomas

Default Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

??? Are we the only ones seeing problems with the TRG? I mean, hey, surely some other web site must have something about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    question is, will the ccs, if ordered from Martin, fit on the 2011 bows that have the trg?
    the ccs will not work on the 2011 bows.2011 does not have that slot for the ccs to fit in,but if a guy can use a machine to mill down the slot then yep good to go,well i think.i dont know how this would affect the riser

Post Thanks / Like

??? Are we the only ones seeing problems with the TRG? I mean, hey, surely some other web site must have something about it.
    I really don't have a problem with any of them, the problems IMO are minor and can easily be fixed with a little effort, a file and a piece of emery cloth. I often hear about problems that are blamed on a particular part, but the problem ends up eminating from somewhere else on the bow, or from the manner in which it is set up. Overall, Martin bows represent excellent value for money, sure there are a few minor aesthetic type issues with them sometimes that require a bit of work, but I'd sooner have that than fork out an arm and a leg for something that may shine a little more, but doesn't perform any better and likely as not, underperforms a Martin.

SonnyThomas

Default Cable guard .vs. Trg ?

I really don't have a problem with any of them, the problems IMO are minor and can easily be fixed with a little effort, a file and a piece of emery cloth. I often hear about problems that are blamed on a particular part, but the problem ends up eminating from somewhere else on the bow, or from the manner in which it is set up. Overall, Martin bows represent excellent value for money, sure there are a few minor aesthetic type issues with them sometimes that require a bit of work, but I'd sooner have that than fork out an arm and a leg for something that may shine a little more, but doesn't perform any better and likely as not, underperforms a Martin.
    Personally, after reading this I don't think you should have said anything.

I buy something I expect it to work, not work on it to make it work.

And the TRG problem is coming from where?

If people are doing something wrong then the manual must be wrong? Whoops. There is no new 2011 manual.

Under performs a Martin? And you have been where?

Martin has some "home work" to do. I'll give them the opportunity to do it. But in the mean time, the cussing and discussing of the TRG will probably continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, after reading this I don't think you should have said anything.

I buy something I expect it to work, not work on it to make it work.

And the TRG problem is coming from where?

If people are doing something wrong then the manual must be wrong? Whoops. There is no new 2011 manual.

Under performs a Martin? And you have been where?

Martin has some "home work" to do. I'll give them the opportunity to do it. But in the mean time, the cussing and discussing of the TRG will probably continue
    Sonny, I'll attempt to explain it in simpler terms. Martin offers bows that perform as good as any of it's competitors, BUT AT MUCH LOWER PRICES. How do they do this? Well, obviously there must be a trade off somewhere. The trade off is in all those things that we are constantly griping about. The fact is, if more labour and money was spent preventing those problems, THE PRICE OF THE BOWS WOULD BE CONSIDERABLY HIGHER. So how does Martin smooth out the problem? THEY PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF A HIGHER STANDARD THAN THEIR COMPETITORS TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE NIGGLY PROBLEMS. Hence, Martin's reputation for excellence in that area.

Hopefully when you read this Sonny, you won't tell me that I don't have the right to voice an opinion.

Have a good day mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, I'll attempt to explain it in simpler terms. Martin offers bows that perform as good as any of it's competitors, BUT AT MUCH LOWER PRICES. How do they do this? Well, obviously there must be a trade off somewhere. The trade off is in all those things that we are constantly griping about. The fact is, if more labour and money was spent preventing those problems, THE PRICE OF THE BOWS WOULD BE CONSIDERABLY HIGHER. So how does Martin smooth out the problem? THEY PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF A HIGHER STANDARD THAN THEIR COMPETITORS TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE NIGGLY PROBLEMS. Hence, Martin's reputation for excellence in that area.

Hopefully when you read this Sonny, you won't tell me that I don't have the right to voice an opinion.

Have a good day mate.
    I AM 100% with sonny
    no one should have to fix an issue with anything thats under warenty.i should not have to bust out my tools and fix what should have been seen and fixed in the design and product befor it was put on the market.thats why compines make prototypes befor they send what ever out to market.these issuse that are coming up should have been noticed and fixed befor they go on the market.then they would not have to spend so much time on customer service.cheep or not i want my product to preform as well as it should,not as well as i can fix it to make it work.martin does need to take a step back and man up to what has been going on.im not saying im going to sell my bow and go else ware but i am not above driving to martins office in washington and droping off a bow to have it made right.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 05-12-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

no one should have to fix an issue with anything thats under warenty.i should not have to bust out my tools and fix what should have been seen and fixed in the design and product befor it was put on the market.thats why compines make prototypes befor they send what ever out to market.these issuse that are coming up should have been noticed and fixed befor they go on the market.then they would not have to spend so much time on customer service.cheep or not i want my product to preform as well as it should,not as well as i can fix it to make it work.martin does need to take a step back and man up to what has been going on.im not saying im going to sell my bow and go else ware but i am not above driving to martins office in washington and droping off a bow to have it made right

Gravedigger, I really can't put it in any simpler terms, except to say - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, AND THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR MARTIN BOWS, IMHO, IS A GOOD DEAL IF YOU THINK IT'S NOT A GOOD DEAL, OUTLAY LOTS MORE MONEY FOR A DIFFERENT BRAND.