Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low end to High end Martin bows (

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't believe that it is a matter of "Pro series is better than Gold", as even the Gold series has higher priced bows, utilize the same options, technology, and warranty as the Pro line.

From what I've read from other posts (and correct me if I'm wrong guys), any sporting goods store can sell the gold series, but they must have a contract as a Martin Pro Shop to sell the Pro series... which gives them some extra street cred, the ability to do warranty work for Martin, and a larger selection of bows to sell.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

SonnyThomas

Default Low end to High end Martin bows (

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    We all go to the sale at your wife's house and pickup some cheap gear!
    That hurts, D.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a Rytera dealer in Arizona. It must be the SB 1070 bill scarring off the Alien Bows, maybe??

Post Thanks / Like

your probaly right about the contract part,as bass pro,cabelas only carry gold series.But as far as saying pro and gold series is no difference i will have to disagree.
    Pro series come with parts that are upgrades in the gold series,say strings and cables,limbs,bearings,ect,ect.
    If somebody bought a pro series bow and someone bought a gold series bow for have the cost and said thety used the same parts and IBO was the same someone might cry foul on that........................

Post Thanks / Like

I think this years line up has little difference between the Gold and Pro series. Always before you had upgrades from the Gold line as standard on the Pro series. This year, it seems like they are trying to phase out the Gold and Pro, and just unify everything into one line eventually. All bows have the same strings, cams, bearings, everything until you get down to the Ridge Hunter and Exile. And why is a Gold series bow the only one that comes with a cloak package as standard? (The Pantera) Just seems they have taken the value out of their Pro series.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, the pro series usually has a few options that are standard, that are upgradable on the gold series...

The main point of my earlier post is that the quality between the two is the same... and even if you buy one of the less expensive models you can get the same options if you choose to pay for them. However, the more expensive gold line models will have them as standard also.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    That hurts, D.
    You mean you wouldn't get any pleasure from me shooting your shadowcat's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    U GET WHAT U PAY FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Sorry, I'm still not getting it. My Martin Rack Attack (Exile) came with the SOS system upgrade. So is it like polaris754 said "U GET WHAT U PAY FOR". Well, are you paying extra just to say you have a specific series or name? I do see the benefit from buying from a bow shop but if that is all it is then it sounds to me like a suckers buy. I'm not trying to offend anyone by the "suckers buy" comment, so please don't take it that way. I'm just trying to figure out the difference.
    Once again, thank you for your informational comments. This site is great.
    Last edited by TIGON; 07-14-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I bought the Exile because it was basically the same core of a bow as the other "high" end bows. I just chose to upgrade it myself which was basically the addition of a string suppressor. The difference in vibration modules that it came with was insignificant to me. exact same riser that the "pro series" crossfire. So why not. I bet both our bows Shoot just as good and are just as fast and quiet as any of the other bows that Martin is selling right now.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you wick for your response and I'm starting to feel the same way. How much did you pay for your Exile?
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.