Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low end to High end Martin bows (

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIGON View Post
    Thank you wick for your response and I'm starting to feel the same way. How much did you pay for your Exile?
    my buddy got his exile for around 400 somthing dollars.all set up,100%ready to rock.with decent add on,sight,drop away,5 arrow quiver,and all tuned and ready to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you wick for your response and I'm starting to feel the same way. How much did you pay for your Exile?
    I paid $349
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm still not getting it. My Martin Rack Rage (Exile) came with the SOS system upgrade. So is it like polaris754 said "U GET WHAT U PAY FOR". Well, are you paying extra just to say you have a specific series or name? I do see the benefit from buying from a bow shop but if that is all it is then it sounds to me like a suckers buy. I'm not trying to offend anyone by the "suckers buy" comment, so please don't take it that way. I'm just trying to figure out the difference.
    Once again, thank you for your informational comments. This site is great.
    The gold series has 7 bows, ranging from $299 to $599. Some don't come with all the bells and whistles, or newer technology (The saber for instance, which is a GREAT bow). The pro series has only 4 bows, ranging from $449 to $759. The only bow that costs more than the gold series top end bow is the Shadowcat, which is a very nice, quality target bow.

These bows, like I said earlier are available ONLY from Martin direct or a Pro Series dealer. Its kinda like a bonus to a dealer for becoming a Martin Pro shop; they get 4 more horses to pedal out of their stable. It really has nothing to do with consumers or even the pro series being "better". They all have the same warranty, come from the same assembly line, and SHARE alot of the same parts and technology.

I just bought an Onza 3 ($599 retail), which is a gold series bow. I was VERY close to buying the Firecat 400 ($599 retail), which is a pro series bow. They have the same limbs, same cams, same strings, same warranty, etc. I went with the Onza because I liked the way it felt and held better (personal preference).

Bottom line, Gold or Pro, as long as you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters. I'm glad you're excited about your new bow, and hope it brings you joy for many years. I still enjoy shooting my first Martin which, btw, is a 2005 Saber, and was listed in the Pro Series that year...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

And then there was Rytera.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I still enjoy shooting my first Martin which, btw, is a 2005 Saber, and was listed in the Pro Series that year...
    I probably have more shots through my Saber than the Firecat in the past month,still enjoy shooting it.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I probably have more shots through my Saber than the Firecat in the past month,still enjoy shooting it.
    What about your Cougar Mag?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw two Sabre's at MC Sports today. An '09 and a '10. $329 RTS pkg. However, the lean on the idler wheel(both bows) was more than I would tolerate from a new bow. Idler pointed at 1o'clock and 7o'clock. The '10 Cheetah I shot had zero lean. I don't really have a point,here. It just seemed odd that the Sabres hit the sales rack being so obviously out of whack.

sorry if I jacked the thread
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I just saw two Sabre's at MC Sports today. An '09 and a '10. $329 RTS pkg. However, the lean on the idler wheel(both bows) was more than I would tolerate from a new bow. Idler pointed at 1o'clock and 7o'clock. The '10 Cheetah I shot had zero lean. I don't really have a point,here. It just seemed odd that the Sabres hit the sales rack being so obviously out of whack.

sorry if I jacked the thread
    Maybe they don't get the CQ because they are the bottom of the model line
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    It just seemed odd that the Sabres hit the sales rack being so obviously out of whack.
    Maybe that is why they were still there and cheap? Idler lean has been a problem on other models regardless of the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    The gold series has 7 bows, ranging from $299 to $599. Some don't come with all the bells and whistles, or newer technology (The saber for instance, which is a GREAT bow). The pro series has only 4 bows, ranging from $449 to $759. The only bow that costs more than the gold series top end bow is the Shadowcat, which is a very nice, quality target bow.

These bows, like I said earlier are available ONLY from Martin direct or a Pro Series dealer. Its kinda like a bonus to a dealer for becoming a Martin Pro shop; they get 4 more horses to pedal out of their stable. It really has nothing to do with consumers or even the pro series being "better". They all have the same warranty, come from the same assembly line, and SHARE alot of the same parts and technology.

I just bought an Onza 3 ($599 retail), which is a gold series bow. I was VERY close to buying the Firecat 400 ($599 retail), which is a pro series bow. They have the same limbs, same cams, same strings, same warranty, etc. I went with the Onza because I liked the way it felt and held better (personal preference).

Bottom line, Gold or Pro, as long as you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters. I'm glad you're excited about your new bow, and hope it brings you joy for many years. I still enjoy shooting my first Martin which, btw, is a 2005 Saber, and was listed in the Pro Series that year...
    I like what the wabbit said