Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interchangable Parts on Martin bows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interchangable Parts on Martin bows?

I recently bought a 2004 Marting Magnum Cougar III. I have read a few threads about people puting different cams and so forth on their bows. I am wondering how many different parts can be swapted one my bow whether is be just the cams, limbs, strings and cables....ect. I would appreciate any feed back I can get. Thanks to anyone who can help and have a wonderful day/night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Yours appears to have the 14" limbs which I think are available yet. You cannot update to the Cat/Cat II, or Nitro cams as these require the newer 13" reinforced limbs. As it is you have the older, discontinued Nitrous cams, which in many peoples' opinions including mine, are one of the best cams systems ever developed. It would serve no useful purpose to try to put any of the newer cam systems on your bow as there would be little if any speed gain, and the cost would be unrealistic anyway.

My suggestion would be to just be happy with the bow as is. Maybe, when necessary upgrade to a good set of custom strings made out of BCY Trophy. These can be had from many of the custom string makers on Archery Talk, such as Vapor Trail, H&M, and others. Maybe change out the VEM's in the riser for the newer ones.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Well thank you very much. I do not intend to try to take away or add different parts. I was curious to see if it was actually possible. I am looking into getting a new set of custom strings next week. The bow is actually in pieces right now while I am painting it. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to welcome you to the forums. Keep checking back. There are sure to be some more useful posts coming your way. This has quite a few very knowledgable guys floating around.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMan View Post
    I am looking into getting a new set of custom strings next week.
    Brian
    Brian

I would like to throw in a plug for Hutch-n-Son and Archerx7 of this forum. Both contribute a lot to this forum and happen to make custom strings. Maybe you would be interested in getting a set of strings from one of them?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Brian

I would like to throw in a plug for Hutch-n-Son and Archerx7 of this forum.
    Thanks MLN.
    Welcome to the forum Brian.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Brian

I would like to throw in a plug for Hutch-n-Son and Archerx7 of this forum. Both contribute a lot to this forum and happen to make custom strings. Maybe you would be interested in getting a set of strings from one of them?
    Thats some more great info. thank you for pointing me in a good direction!

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Forgot to welcome you to the forums. Keep checking back. There are sure to be some more useful posts coming your way. This has quite a few very knowledgable guys floating around.
    I will deff be checking back in. This is just the first Marting I am going to own. I hope to purchase a 2011 Firecat 400 or a RidgeHunter, just cant decide yet. Again, thank you for the warm welcome.

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin family.
    There is lots and lots of things you can change on your Cougar.
    Limbs, cams, grips etc. A whole bunch of different combo's, however - the way it is configured now is a VERY good set-up.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy shooting it and any questions you have will sure to be answered on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spiker, glad I could be a part of this forum!

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    My suggestion would be to just be happy with the bow as is.
    X2

Unless you have a lot of all parts lying around or you can get them cheap, your probably better off with a new bow. Probably