Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Martin Silencer TRG

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW OK
    Posts
    1,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's pinned and glued. Any movement fore and aft is made by loosening the screws on the riser and sliding it.
    Firecat 400

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You're right. I misunderstood.
    Was thinking the exact same thing bfisher. I don't like 'glued' in anything really.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It's pinned and glued. Any movement fore and aft is made by loosening the screws on the riser and sliding it.
    As for the pin where is it from the top i haven't really took the sos off to look at the top. On mine i do not see any obvious sign of a pin just the glue from the end.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW OK
    Posts
    1,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My old one had what looked like a roll pin that was vertical thru the TRG and Rod. I haven't seen what the new one looks like yet.
    Firecat 400

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    My old one had what looked like a roll pin that was vertical thru the TRG and Rod. I haven't seen what the new one looks like yet.
    I will take a picture of it and can figure it out then

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    My old one had what looked like a roll pin that was vertical thru the TRG and Rod. I haven't seen what the new one looks like yet.
    Here is what it looks like don't seem to be a pin IMAG0015.jpgIMAG0018.jpg

  7. #17
    Senior Member HawgEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm in the same boat,Barry. It seems that the TRG not being adjustable could probably be it's biggest problem. Building some adjustment into it would solve many peoples issues I would think. If someone wants to send me one, I'll use my redneck ingenuity to make it adjustable n send it back to you. I personally like my cable rod just fine.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I'm in the same boat,Barry. It seems that the TRG not being adjustable could probably be it's biggest problem. Building some adjustment into it would solve many peoples issues I would think. If someone wants to send me one, I'll use my redneck ingenuity to make it adjustable n send it back to you. I personally like my cable rod just fine.
    I have a new TRG on order from the local bow shop once I get that I am going to attempt to put the old one I have in the oven on a low temp and work my way up until the rod frees up. Once it does free up I am going to replace it with a 3/8 aluminum rod. Wish me luck

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW OK
    Posts
    1,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bricka View Post
    Here is what it looks like don't seem to be a pin IMAG0015.jpgIMAG0018.jpg
    My new one looks like that too. They must just glue them now. I recall speaking with Ryan Martin about removing the TRG from the rod and he said it was pinned and glued. Ultimately it wouldn't matter because the rod would have been to short for me to try a cable slide on anyway. So he sent me a free cable slide, rod, and STS for my bow.
    Firecat 400

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW OK
    Posts
    1,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bricka View Post
    I have a new TRG on order from the local bow shop once I get that I am going to attempt to put the old one I have in the oven on a low temp and work my way up until the rod frees up. Once it does free up I am going to replace it with a 3/8 aluminum rod. Wish me luck
    I would just cut it off flush and drill it out to size. Actually, I'd probably try a heat gun or hair drier first and then cut and drill.
    Firecat 400

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •