Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology Required

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apology Required

Yesterday I was responsible for stirring up a hornets nest on a thread started by Hutch titled 'Cable guard .vs. Trg ?'. Somehow the thread detached itself from Hutch's topic and went on from there, eventually ending up like a soap opera as someone rightly stated.

Anyhow, I couldn't get it out of my head and after a lot of soul searching, I believe an apology is definitely required - and the apology is coming from me. I'd like to apologise to all those I may have offended, especially Sonny, gravedigger and MLN1963 and of course Hutch for hijacking his thread. And in future I'll never voice my opinion on that particular subject again. You all have my word on that.

During my soul search, which included a couple of PMs to Sonny, it dawned on me that my focus was very selfish and centered around me and how my problems with Martin were resolved and how I felt about it all. Importantly, I completely faded the fact that many members are here on this forum because they have experienced bow problems and I was completely insensitive to the way many of you feel, particularly those who have had recent problems.

We're all different and handle situations in different ways and we all have different opinions about things. My mistake was to totally ignore those important truths.

Again I apologise to all and hope everything gets sorted with any outstanding issues you may have.
    Last edited by gibson 787; 05-12-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: add info

Post Thanks / Like

Gibson,all I can say it takes a big man to come on a public forum and apologize.Thats what seperates this forum from all the others,The Members.

Gregg
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Gibson,all I can say it takes a big man to come on a public forum and apologize.Thats what seperates this forum from all the others,The Members.

Gregg
    x 2..........

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

x3. Way to man up
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Gibby

I can only speak for myself. In my opinion you didn't owe me an apology. We saw things differently but there were no lines crossed or anything like that. No harm, no foul. It is often hard to read something on a written page and grasp the true emotion or inflection of the author.

I'm sorry if my comments caused you turmoil and heartache as that surely wasn't intended. I'm also sorry that the thread brought you to this point that you felt you had to apologize and hope you'll accept my apology.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 05-13-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post

Gregg
    X4

Brad
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

buddy i took 0 offence to what you had to say on the topic of trg,ccs.i was thinking it was getting into a good debate and not so much as a kick in the shin's.i want to let ya know im sorry if ya thought i was taring into you.i was not tryin to.yep thred got jackd and i did stir the fire.next time i will try to remember that im typing and not speaking.no need for an apology to me,i would like to send an apology to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread i think that Martin should come with a new moto - "The nice guys shoot Martin"
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the old Honda commercials?

" You meet the nices people shooting a Martin"
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

after reading this thread...i...i just...i feel like a group man hug is in order. I'm huggin y'all right now! I feel all warm. But I'm sure that's cuz it's 88* n 80% humidity.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340