Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Thought On Cracking Limbs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Did Martin have problems with cracked limbs on the laminated versions?
    Difficult to make a good laminated limb. Yes it was discussed a while back but you won't find the post unless you google cache. Like this post soon too, most likely, understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Just my opinion,but I think the quality of a company's limbs plays the biggest role in limb failures.
    Its a big part. Barnsdale's don't have the same issues. Global financial crisis hasn't helped the situation either.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 05-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Yes it was discussed a while back but you won't find the post unless you google cache. Like this post soon too, most likely, understandable.
    Are you hinting that this thread may be deteted? I don't know why, this isn't about Martin. I just chose to post it here instead of AT because people are less excitable, less brand loyal and easier to have a conversation with.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you hinting that this thread may be deteted?
    Yep. Just wait a few weeks.

No good someone searching for cracked limbs and finding all Martin links.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God for Google making everything available then!
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank God for Google making everything available then!
    Not always good when you think about them (google) having a copy of everything. Oop's, must put on my foil hat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Yep. Just wait a few weeks.

No good someone searching for cracked limbs and finding all Martin links.
    X2 That wouldn't make Martin look good. After all, Martin doesn't have any more limb problems currently then any of the other companies.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are you hinting that this thread may be deteted? I don't know why, this isn't about Martin. I just chose to post it here instead of AT because people are less excitable, less brand loyal and easier to have a conversation with.
    Greg, notice that the title of this thread has been edited as per your request.

Sonny, I remember the discussion we had a few weeks ago and that we do have differing opinions about what causes limb failures. Do you by any chance remember the title of the thread. It wasn't but a few days ago. I'd like to find it again. I did not delete it.

For all who are interested I don't have plans of deleting this one either. I find it quite interesting that so many can post ideas. Who knows, maybe there is a solution to be found in these discussions. If somebody posts what may end up as a solution then Martin may see it and come out a winner. Ultimately we, the consumers, will be in the winner's circle, too. The more the merrier.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Greg, notice that the title of this thread has been edited as per your request.

Sonny, I remember the discussion we had a few weeks ago and that we do have differing opinions about what causes limb failures. Do you by any chance remember the title of the thread. It wasn't but a few days ago. I'd like to find it again. I did not delete it.

For all who are interested I don't have plans of deleting this one either. I find it quite interesting that so many can post ideas. Who knows, maybe there is a solution to be found in these discussions. If somebody posts what may end up as a solution then Martin may see it and come out a winner. Ultimately we, the consumers, will be in the winner's circle, too. The more the merrier.
    its nice to have an Administrator who knows the value of info and for the most part the values of the people on this forum.anyware else this would have turned into a blood bath.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thread in question that you guys think was deleted is the one by Rockyhud entitled "My Homemade TRG.........." from just a few days ago. Am I right?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default A Thought On Cracking Limbs

bfisher, I found it. And it's been a few months ago. About the same stuff there as here. So we can examine past with the present and see what has been added or found.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...-limb-problems....
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 05-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.