Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRG problems? Is this a solution ?? Dual string supressors?

Post Thanks / Like

last winter during an elk hunt i made a fire under a natural ground blind.i was coooold and wet.needed that fire.but seen no dinner walking by

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda got off topic here but what the hey. Everyone has an opinion as far as their personal preference for this or that when it comes to archery, or hunting if you will. No one is a 100% right or a 100% wrong, it depends on the person. Every bow company impoves their line every year for their share of the profits. Some people will feed into the hype and the got to have it mentality. How many people sell a 1 year old bow for 1/2 the price they paid for it to buy a new bow? How many still hunt with a 10 year old bow and still love it? Technology is what many people are looking for. Building a better mouse trap if you will. Do you need all the new high tech equipment that's available, certainly not, but some people look for this in a new bow. You can still hunt with traditional bows and many still do, yet even recurves and longbows continue to improve, many people can't shoot them worth a damn which is why they use a compound in the first place. Do you need all the bells and whistles to hunt, nope, but some buy into it. How many hunt from a deer stand, do you need it, nope, but how many use one? You can pick apart anything that has to do with hunting. What someone likes in a hunting bow someone else may not. To each their own.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Frequency of sound made by something is what deer hear. Trees fall and deer don't run. Farm country is my home. Tractors, diesel fuel fumes, clanging metal, dogs barking and guns firing and just look and go back to whatever they were doing.

Sonny all those sounds deer adapt to they hear them continously throught the year so they tune them out. My buddy drew on a skittish Doe last January in cool N. Illinois and his cam barely clicked as he drew back and that doe took off like a bat out of hell. I think certain sounds they are not used to can be a problem sometimes. I have yet to have a deer jump the string on me but it does happen I see on videos all the time.

Also I never shoot with a quiver on. I recommend the Alpine detachable one. The quiver is easier to use. Not only is it cheap but the adapter has rubber on it and I think it helps to quiet it down. I keep the screws tight and its great. What helped my bow big time last year was taking that useless tube peep sight off. I have a G5 tubeless peep on and not only is it light but not even served in. I shot it over 300 times and it has not even budged.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter_IL_BT View Post
    I think certain sounds they are not used to can be a problem sometimes.
    Yep. Mechanical or metal type sounds seem to scare game more.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 05-17-2011 at 08:44 PM.