Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discussion! Tuning bows!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I tune with everything the exact same way I am going to be using the bow. Same weight, DL, let-off, arrows, everything.
    EH, I would have to agree that is the way I do it. If your going to shoot the bow it is set for your dw, dl, let off and so on. I tune it at my dw.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

you can tune a bow, but you can't tuna fish.

(couldn't resist)

so, why would you want to tune it at one weight and then change the weight? just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post

so, why would you want to tune it at one weight and then change the weight? just wondering.
    I can't speek for anybody but myself although I'm sure there are others besides me who do this. When I am practicing in the off season or shooting target I drop my poundage to around 55 or 60#. Don't need to shoot anymore weight than that. However, when hunting season arrives I crank the poundage back up to 70#. The tuning on the bow does not change. I do use different sights for target and hunting so it's just a matter of a slight adjustment to the pins and I'm good to go.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I can't speek for anybody but myself although I'm sure there are others besides me who do this. When I am practicing in the off season or shooting target I drop my poundage to around 55 or 60#. Don't need to shoot anymore weight than that. However, when hunting season arrives I crank the poundage back up to 70#. The tuning on the bow does not change. I do use different sights for target and hunting so it's just a matter of a slight adjustment to the pins and I'm good to go.
    .x2.i do the same.