Thread: cam lean on my jaguar

hatchmandude

Default cam lean on my jaguar

Just wondering where I should go. Do I take it to the store I bought it from or do I send in to Martin or can I fix it myself? It is definitly leaning though. It is actually starting to bugger up the string! Have to get it fixed in the off season!

Post Thanks / Like

Call Martin customer service. They'll tell you the best course of action. If it's just the idler wheel on the top limb your dealer can straighten it out, but I think you're talking about the cam itself. Idlers don't usually mess up string serving.

1-800-541-8902

Bubba101st

Quote Originally Posted by hatchmandude
    Just wondering where I should go. Do I take it to the store I bought it from or do I send in to Martin or can I fix it myself? It is definitly leaning though. It is actually starting to bugger up the string! Have to get it fixed in the off season!
    I am going to assume that you have the Dyna cam. If so the lean is normal. I and another guy had the same concern a few months ago and JoelC said that the lean is normal. I hope the following helps.

This is what Joelc responed with, below that is the link to the thread.

03-23-2006, 01:14 PM

You can slightly adjust this by twisting on side of the yoke on the cable. From the pictures you have posted the lean and wear you have noticed and is normal and nothing to worry about. Strings will show signs of wear and tend to 'fuzz' on the serving and will not affect the safety of this bow UNLESS it has completely worn through the serving. If this still has the lean you mentioned without the cable guard and you would like us to take a look, give us a call and one of our techs can issue you a return authorization #.

-Joel
    Martin Archery customer service
    509-529-2554

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=452&highlight=jaguar+lean