Thread: Is Tiller important on a Single Cam?

Unregistered

Default Is Tiller important on a Single Cam?

Is tiller adjustment important on a Fuzion cammed Panther Magnum?

montanacur

Yes, it can be. My tiller was off by one turn on my bow at one time, and that was enough to keep me from being able to tune it correctly. Hope that helps! To check your tiller, you can take your bow and an arrow, and place the bow with the string facing away from you so that the ends of the limbs are against a flat surface, like a squared off table top. Take the arrow and place it where the limb meets the riser on the back of the limb, and place your finger where the arrow passes over the flat table edge. Hold the arrow there, and move it to the other limb. You shouldn't have to move your finger to get it to line up in the same place. If you do, adjust your limb bolts accordingly.

longbowman

Default Fuzion single cam tiller

Hi does anyone know should the top and bottom limb measurement be the same on the single cam sustem? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longbowman
    Hi does anyone know should the top and bottom limb measurement be the same on the single cam sustem? thanks
    It doesn't matter what it is so long as tiller is the same for top and bottom limbs. There are two ways to make sure they are even, both ways being correct. The first and seasiest way is to bottom both limbs and then back them out evenly till the desired weight is achieved.

The second is to stretch a piece of thread or other small string from the top to the bottom axle and measure to the limb base from the string for each repective limb. Adjust as necessary to get even tiller.

The reason you measure this way is that the cam and idler may be a different diameter so will not give the same measurement if just measuring from the bow string.