Thread: martins are new to me

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Question martins are new to me

Can anyone tell me what would be the best bow for the common working mans checkbook I hunt deer and shoot targets with my stepson I don't need something expensive or the worlds fastest bow my draw length is 29 I have got a bear bow now I have had for about 3 years if anyone has a bit of advice please give me shout thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Cougar Elite

Any 2002 Cougar Elite, Cougar III, or Cougar IV, with Fury cams or Nitrous cams set for your draw lenght, that you can find used in the Archery Talk Forum Classified section. That is the best bow for the money I know of. That's what I shoot. My 2002 Cougar Elite with Bluemarble riser with Fury Cams, sold for $800.00 new in 2002. I bought it for $225.00 in 2004.

Robert
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

givey

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me what would be the best bow for the common working mans checkbook I hunt deer and shoot targets with my stepson I don't need something expensive or the worlds fastest bow my draw length is 29 I have got a bear bow now I have had for about 3 years if anyone has a bit of advice please give me shout thanks

I just got home with a 2006 Saber for $289.00 new! What a bow. The deciding factor for me was weight. I wanted the Quest but they are being phased out and none were available. As suggested check Archer Talk for alot of options and info in general. Atleast you have some Archery exparience I have none.

Good Luck

longcut36

what Robert said is some good advise. I was a die hard Mathews man untill I shot a cougar X. I sold both Mathew bows and bought a 2002 cougar fury x for 250 and a 2004 cougar x with nitrous cams for 225 and had money left over. they are easy to tune, accurate and forgiven bow. best change I ever made.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this bow on ebay. It is just like mine, except mine has the wood grips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Martin-Cougar-El...QQcmdZViewItem

Robert
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

Bellows1

You should look at the New Martin Bengal, very smooth draw great speed and pretty cheap, right around $400. brand new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cdfirefighter1

the martin bengal is a real nice bow.. iv had mine for about a month now and it shoots great... and the price is hard to beat