Thread: new martin owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default new martin owner

hello everybody this is my first post here and my first martin bow, i received my onza3 in carbon fiber color and i am very happy but i am very confused on how to adjust the draw length, i still need to take the bow to a shop to get the peep and loop installed but i like to at least know how i can adjust the DL bow came set to 29 and i just need down to 28.5 any help would be great, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and congrats on the new bow purchase.
    2010 Firecat TR1/MBG AMP 4-pin/Treelimb Quiver/6" Doinker Chubby/WB/ GT Ultralights
    2010 Quest Primal/MBG AMP 3-pin/Treelimb Quiver/3" Doinker Chubby/Trophey Taker/ GT Expeditions
    formerly = "Oncechance"

SonnyThomas

Default new martin owner

Congrats. Hopefully you recieved a Martin hand manual. The cams have mods that can be moved to change the draw length. The mods have two screws each. Remove screws and move mods to next lower number - both mods. Each number represents 1/2".

Also, you will have to reset the positive draw stop. After you have moved the mods loosen the draw stop (remove rubber cover/see allen head bolt) and move back. Have someone with you. Draw bow, not overly, and have your friend slide the draw stop to the limb and snug bolt. Ease down. I mark the cam at the barrel of the draw stop with a sharp lead pencil. Loosen allen bolt and move draw stop back the width of the pencil line and tighten - this should allow for the thickness of the rubber cover. Each person different you can then move the draw stop that best suits you. Note; moving the draw stop over/past the pencil line will shorten draw length to some degree and lessen the length of the valley.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin forum!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink cam module adjustment

Just a tip, after adjusting your cam modules to the proper setting use removable loctite on your module screws. This will save you grief down the road and keep your modules tight for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBG View Post
    Just a tip, after adjusting your cam modules to the proper setting use removable loctite on your module screws. This will save you grief down the road and keep your modules tight for years to come.
    Great tip. If you don't have a thread locking agent, E.G. Loctite, string wax applied to the threads and heads of the screws works well too.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums!

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer