Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY stabilizers or other archery projects

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY stabilizers or other archery projects

anyone build their own stabilizer? I want to build something. Not up for any major projects. My attention span isn't very wide. Lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I have made a stabilizer and a string stop for my MOAB - it's quite easy ... and cheap. Also made an arrow rest, red dot sight mounting system, bowfishing kit and quiver mount for some of my other bows. Unfortunately nothing soon ... But i had some knifemaking projects recently.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in all types of projects. Maybe others are too. Pics,details would be great.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/user/kaziklu79?feature=mhee This is a link to my Youtube channel - there are vids of all my archery projects there
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.
    Have fun. Next plans I will take pics of will be the hang on tree stand when we build one.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Hutch~n~Son Archery;49463]Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.
    Have fun. Next plans I will take pics of will be the hang on tree stand when we build one.

I got ur emails. Now I need to get to a "real" computer so I can read them. Lol. What are you doing ur hang on stand out of? Steel or aluminum? That's on the agenda this for sure. I've got 5 to replace. 1 very lightweight,portable aluminum stand and sticks w back pack capability would do me well. That way I wouldn't have to worry about theft again.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=HawgEnvy;49470]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.

I got ur emails. Now I need to get to a "real" computer so I can read them. Lol. What are you doing ur hang on stand out of? Steel or aluminum? That's on the agenda this for sure. I've got 5 to replace. 1 very lightweight,portable aluminum stand and sticks w back pack capability would do me well. That way I wouldn't have to worry about theft again.
    We're going model them after the hang on stand that I got from Sportsmansguide, using steel. The one that I have now only weighs about 20-25 lbs approx., so it"s not too bad. I've carried it on my backpack without a problem. Now about your theft problem, I lock my stand and climbing sticks to the tree.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 05-25-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I want to build something. Not up for any major projects. My attention span isn't very wide. Lol
    What about one of those multi rod stabilizer kits?

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/...TB2876907.html

or

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/...TB2876807.html

or eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110677921686
    Last edited by Destroyer; 05-25-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Arrow Splitter;49471]

We're going model them after the hang on stand that I got from Sportsmansguide, using steel. The one that I have now only weighs about 20-25 lbs approx., so it"s not too bad. I've carried it on my backpack without a problem. Now about your theft problem, I lock my stand and climbing sticks to the tree.

A.S
    that's just it. They were all locked w 5/16 chain from the stand,wrapped around the sticks to the base of the tree. Private land and public. Bastards cut the chain and padlocks w bolt cutters. The one on public land was nice enough to leave my swing arm bow holder screwed into the tree 25ft up. At least it's there for this season,i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

that's just it. They were all locked w 5/16 chain from the stand,wrapped around the sticks to the base of the tree. Private land and public. Bastards cut the chain and padlocks w bolt cutters. The one on public land was nice enough to leave my swing arm bow holder screwed into the tree 25ft up. At least it's there for this season,i guess.
    Maybe you should leave them unlocked and use security cameras instead.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com