Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: One piece riser!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that i see these pics i must agree they look very strong,now i have no reservations about these risers being anything but top notch product,thanks for the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

One more pic from HawgEnvy ...Only allowed 5 per post.

CJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit small. Like to see larger photo's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    A bit small. Like to see larger photo's.
    We'll give her a try...3 pc riser 5rz.jpg3 pc.riser 4rz.jpg3pc. riser 3rz.jpg3pc riser 2 rz.jpg3 pc riser 1rz.jpg

We aim to please...CJ
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Much better. Cheers CJ!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they bolt they riser together and then do a final sanding to smooth the joint.
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

in the 2nd pic from bottom in the above post,it looks as though it was welded then smoothed over. If I still had my angle grinder and flap disc I could get that even more smooth. Hopefully,that won't show in the powdercoating. It wasn't noticeable w the dip. There are also sharp ridges and burrs on the cut-outs that could be removed w a dremel and grinding stone. I may go over it thouroughly before sending it off. I had planned on having it done already(p-coat),but can't decide on a color.

on a side note,does anyone know where I can get stainless barrel nuts to match the stabilizer bushing? I don't want to just pick a color and go with it on this bow. I plan on keeping it for years and want that warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they would bolt it and weld it. If they were going thru the effort to weld they would only do that as the bolts wouldn't give any real advantage. Alignment pins would be sufficient.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    in the 2nd pic from bottom in the above post,it looks as though it was welded then smoothed over. If I still had my angle grinder and flap disc I could get that even more smooth. Hopefully,that won't show in the powdercoating. It wasn't noticeable w the dip. There are also sharp ridges and burrs on the cut-outs that could be removed w a dremel and grinding stone. I may go over it thouroughly before sending it off.
    I can almost guarantee that those grind marks will show through. Had a camo Shadowcat that I stripped and then had pc'd semi gloss black and those same marks showed through. I had the guy redo it in a flat black pc and it turned out much better. Probably better off to spend a little time and get those smoothed out. Spiker can probably give a little better input on it though.

Advantage Custom Strings

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The riser is pretty rough in places.