Thread: Alien X vs. Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien X vs. Nemesis

Currently have my Cheetah and have no plans of getting rid of it, but I am really wanting to eventually get a Rytera as well. Which would you lean towards if you were looking to pick between these 2? Pros/Cons for either?

There is a shop not too far from my house that I am going to try to get to, they have some AX in stock that they said I could shoot. Would like to see how these feel compared to the Cheetah and what real speed could feel like (I feel like mine is fast, but feel like a slug next to a friend's Z7 and Monster) not all that important, but interested in it.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've had both and still have my AX, its not going anywhere soon. The Nem is a little quieter and has a bit less vibration, nothing that would be a deal breaker, but I found the AX holds on target much better for me and I just seemed to shoot it better than the Nem. On the other hand there are a lot of others out there that prefer the Nemesis. With just a 5fps advantage going to the AX, I would try to find both models that you can shoot side by side, either way you'll end up with a bow thats a good deal faster than your Cheetah or a Z7.

Welcome to the forum.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I have had all 3 bows you've mentioned, the cheetah was the most accurate and quiet.my Nemesis was absolutely dead in hand and shot very well.I never was too thrilled with my X.Now I have a Martin Onza 3,I like it better than all 3 mentioned and it's cheaper,I might give it a look if I was you. hope this helps/JMO,Buckslayr

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal guys! The Onza is another I have been interested in checking out. I am a little hesitant with all the up and down chatter I have heard about with the TRG. I love the concept of it and you can't beat the visual appearance on any of those 3 and I am sure they perform just as well as they look. Appreciate the feedback.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Going back to this and any of the owners or those that have shot these. What do you think about general noise levels out of the 3? I have seen some mixed bag results with the X - some have said it was loud and some said whispers. I have heard that the Onza is for sure quiet and still fast and the same for the Nem.

I assume the X could be the faster of the 3 and probably can't go wrong with any of them. Just trying to get as much info on them as I can prior to getting to shoot them, I know that will be the best way to get said info.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I owned a Nemesis, an Alien Z and an Alien X all at the same time.
    I now have the Alien Z and two Alien X's.
    The Nemesis was a great bow and I found no faults in its accuracy, speed, noise, hold, vibration (or lack of) or any other shooting characteristic.
    The reason I traded it for the second AX is because, for me, it was awkward to carry around and maneuver thru the woods. I hike crawl climb and spot-n-stalk for Deer, Elk and Antelope in Colorado and the AZ and AX are just so much handier.
    If you hunt out of stands and blinds this wouldn't be much of a concern but may be something else you want to consider.
    Once set up right and using a mid weight or heavier arrow all three of the Ryteras are very quiet.
    Last fall I shot a buck with the 60# AX, my hunting partner was about 15yds from me and didn't even realize I had shot.
    I haven't shot an Onza 3 so can't compare it but would imagine that it is very similar to the Nemesis.

Post Thanks / Like

@Spiker - good deal on the info. I think I have been leaning towards the AX a little more than the Nem - I know 3.5 inches doesn't sound like a lot for an ATA length, but the AX is pretty close to what I have right now. I like the compact feeling on my bow too. Noticed there is about a half pound difference in favor of the AX.

Noted on the heavier arrow. I bet if I beefed my current arrows up a touch I could bring some more noise out of my Cheetah and crank it up a few turns. I'm running about 64# right now on the 70# limbs. With this next bow I would like to be shooting as close to 70# as possible, so a slightly heavier arrow from what I am shooting now (~340gr) will be needed for sure.

If anyone else has anything to chime in on at any point, go right on ahead. Really appreciate all the info everyone is willing to drop on little questions like these. Looking forward to getting over to that shop I mentioned a while back to get my hands on one of these to shoot.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I'd like to point out is that there is only 2.5" a2a difference between the two bows (X vs Nemisis). I haven't shot the X so can't compare it to the Nemisis, but then I don't like short bows in the first place. I've got the Nemisis and the Z and can easily see a difference in that the Z, at 36", is the better shooting of the two.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i have a nemesis and 3 alien x's i like the x's much better than the nemesis for hunting. if i was to shoot compatition i would most likely use the nemesis because of the wait. i hunt out of a popup blind the x is perfect for that.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    can easily see a difference in that the Z, at 36", is the better shooting of the two.
    More reasons to get a Z, 36" isn't too long for hunting, maybe too expensive for some........like me.