Thread: Moth Balls

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moth Balls

I have just opened up a hunting case that i have been lugging around for over 20 years. In it was another case with my old martin Bobcat in absolute perfect condition Not a single scratch on it. I bought this bow back in 1985 and it still looks like it did the first day i purchased it. I am afraid to draw it back due to the quiver falling apart litteraly in my hands when i unstrapped it from its harness. The rubber is so dried out that the quiver is turning to dust. However the bow I kept polished and the strings waxed and it looks brand new still. The bow has the name of the builder still on it. it says assembled by Doug Montgomery. Are these bows worth anything today even though it has the wood handle and mag upper and lower. this bow is almost 30 years old and im the original owner. I dont beleive id ever sell it but i included some photos of the the how it was strung back in the day for anyone who may need to see it. I have a few more detailed photos and the original pocket manual that came with it if it helps anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

It is purdy.
    No idea if there would be amarket for such a thing though
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wooden riser bows sell quite well on eBay. Your not looking at big $$ though. I'd say keep it and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

That is awsome! The wood looks great. It's amazing how light those bows were back in the day in relation to their size. Reminds me of some of the old dartons i used to shoot. I even have those exact same puff ball string silencers on an old darton viper that I still shoot from time to time. Don't sell it. I wouldn't.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to sell it But i do need to have it checked out and make sure it's still sound. ill need to find a dealer in las vegas that can look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sticker says lifetime warranty and your the original owner...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Sticker says lifetime warranty and your the original owner...
    And If it breaks you get a new bow! Don't think 2011 limbs will fit.