Thread: 32" Draw length

Post Thanks / Like

Default 32" Draw length

I have a 32.4" draw length and am wanting to purchase a Martin Traditional bow. Any suggestions? Anyone else have a similar draw and if so what are you shooting?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I draw 30.5 with trad gear and preferred 66" or longer, but it depends on how the bow stacks, the draw weight and the quality. Some shorter 62" bows are still fine as long as they don't go too heavy.

I'd recommend buying directly from a shop with a warranty for a draw length like yours. Is 32.4 your compound draw length or have you shot trad bows before?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome coydog. My draw isn't quite as long as yours but it is over 30 with shooting traditional. I tryed some different bows friends of my had and decided on going with a longbow. Seemed smoother to draw than the recurves, to me anyway. With a 32" draw, man that is long I wouldn't worry to much about weight as you will be pulling 12 or more pounds than the weight for the bow at 28". I have a bamboo viper, 45#, which I love and shoots like a dream. When I warm up with the bow I stretch that thing a good 36 to 38". The bow is 64" which as destroyer said is kinda where you want to be if not longer. Trying to find a shop that stocks alot of traditional grear is pretty rare now days, but if you find one ask them to let you shoot as many as you want before you decide on one. You will know which one feels the best for you. To me the hardest thing would be finding arrows for that draw length of yours.
    Last edited by cyclepath; 05-31-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to knock Martin/Howatt line of traditional bows but I would check out the traditional bow forums and the custom builders although I have heard that Martin will build their bows to order. Call Martin and see what they say, I also would be curious as to their answer.