Thread: 2010 Shadowcat draw length

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Shadowcat draw length

I recently purchased a 2010 Shadowcat and as others have said the draw length is long. I have it in the #1 hole for 27" and all I can get it down to is 27.75". I have been told that to solve the problem I need to have a set of cables made that are 1/8" longer than what specs say. For all the string making guru's will 1/8" added to the cables bring the dL down 1/4"? Also what is the correlation between added length to cables and Dl IE I/8" = 1/4" less DL and 1/4" = 1/2" less Dl? I do know if you take twists out of the cables the DW will go down a little. I hope I have explained this in a way that it can be understood.
    Rod Halford 1SG U.S. Army (Retired)
    Scott's Strings Staff Shooter www.scottsstrings.com
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter www.deadcenterarchery.com
    Pro Staff U-Slide Bow Holder www.u-slide.com
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

You won't get that bow down to 27" without putting the cams way out of rotation and adding a lot of vibration to it. 27.25 is really pushing it. You'll need to go 1/2" shorter on the string and I think about 1/4" longer on the cables and you'll also need to set the drawstop a tad short. I set one up like this about a year ago and failed to write all the specs down so I'm just going off memory here and sometimes that ain't so good. You will lose appox. 2-3 DW with this setup.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I don't need 27", all I need is 27.5" so I need to bring the DL down about 1/4".
    Rod Halford 1SG U.S. Army (Retired)
    Scott's Strings Staff Shooter www.scottsstrings.com
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter www.deadcenterarchery.com
    Pro Staff U-Slide Bow Holder www.u-slide.com
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod26 View Post
    I don't need 27", all I need is 27.5" so I need to bring the DL down about 1/4".
    That should be fairly easy then, lengthen your cables about 1/8" each and twist the string untill you get there, shouldn't be much more more than 1/8-1/4". Probably lose about 1/2-1# DW

Advantage Custom Strings